Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone recommend some household items that might be safe toys for a beardie? Or is there something I could buy at the pet store that could be used as a toy for him? Or what kind of toys do you have for your beardies?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, that question has come up on here before. :) Beardies actually don't care for toys in the sense of an object to push or chase etc [ other than bugs :) ] Anything that they can fit in their mouth and especially plastic toys that look like lizards or bugs are actually dangerous and may be swallowed quickly. See this link:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi2_7DfyePSAhXoQpoKHc0dC5EQFgg4MAM&url=http%3A%2F%2Fscienceblogs.com%2Ftetrapodzoology%2F2009%2F12%2F09%2Fmushu-eats-large-toy%2F&usg=AFQjCNH6dZoCWaGxpG89HB_L9Kss35QR1w&sig2=sIN3_z_6-5GK49WCaqZnNA

What many beardies DO enjoy is time to roam outside of their tank and especially sitting on a windowsill. If you DO let him sit on a windowsill, put some pillows underneath in case he decides to jump off. Some owners build little ramps to the window, others have a basking platform on the floor where the sun shines in. Just be careful that any room is totally dragon safe....no nooks or crannies to wedge in and get stuck [ or refuse to come out ] , nothing like rubberbands, coins , doll shoes or any small object that they could swallow.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Bubble wrap , wrapping paper, my Rex loves the cracking sound when she walks on it and will need it like a cat.

She and Toothless also like the sound of the metal floor cross tube on a camp stool, will climb over it and go back for more several times in succession.

Puff loved to nudge his dome light fitting (had a 13W UVB200 in it and was hung pendulum style) , he'd repedatively nudge it with his nose or reach up and pat it with a hand and make it swing and would do this for ages in his tank.

My observations are my skinks (especially water skinks) and my beardies have a definite sense of fun and are capable of inventing games all by themselves.

MrsNoggin

A tambourine! No joke. Smaugio LOVES jumping on and off the kids' tambourine and making it jingle. Usually it's on the carpet, so the sound is more of a thud and muffled tinkle, than a full on instrumental sound.

Also thick cardboard tube for rolling and clambouring over. That's always a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom