Mealworms aka I'm an *****

Status
Not open for further replies.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I don't know what I was thinking the other day when I went to get crickets for Charlie, but I picked up mealworms too, thinking ooo they are small she will love them. I blame my MS fog brain for forgetting they SUCK FOR BABIES and should only be a treat. UGH. :banghead:

*sigh* Good think I have lots of crickets and patience. I told the pet shop I was at that they should get silkworms - apparently that wasn't the first time they heard that and they are looking into it with their supplier.

Anyone else ever have a d'uh moment like that where you suddenly forgot something important like that? At least Charlie seems no worse for wear - she's pooping fine and is happy. *whew* I lucked out this time. Going to have to make a note for myself on my phone so I don't forget again. I had a niggling that there was something about mealworms I was forgetting, but brushed it off... :banghead:

***edit*** I-d-I-o-t is a bad word?

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Yeah she seems fine, it was a total fail move on my part. The struggle is real lol

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Are there wild lizards about in your garden, backyard, shed , under the house ? , give some mealworms to them on regular basis and befriend them (and possibly help them a bit too).

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Probably not many wild lizards around, especially now. This is what it looks like in New Brunswick with another round of snow coming soon :lol:
nb-letterick-moncton-clean-up-20150203_2500kbps_852x480_2651796684.jpg

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Wow, geez! And don't worry, you're not the only one! One time I gave Loki a huge piece of strawberry, forgetting to chop it finely! He had a hard time eating, and I felt so bad!

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Bwahahaha that is EXACTLY what it looks like here! Ugh...we were hit with almost 3 feet in one week, insanity! We're due for 20 to 30 cms tomorrow so about 8 to 12 inches. Good times.

In other words, no lizards ? BUT the salamanders, newts and frogs in the spring may appreciate them!

@JessPets lol I can just imagine what that would have looked like...red all over the mouth like he just murdered someone...hehehe

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I had to share a few pics from my own yard.

Feb 14th - afternoon after the big storm - 55 cm in one go which is about 21 inches (we already had about a foot or so from before). This is my son attempting to snowblow our 100ft long driveway LOL luckily our plow guy was able to after this.
87171-5508358516.jpg

This is my backyard - that bit of wood peeking out from behind the bird feeders is my 4' x 4' pallet compost - BURRIED.
87171-4826821224.jpg

And these are my visitors on Feb 27th showing how much the snow went down and raiding my bird feeders. You can see the compost in this one now.
87171-5284952982.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Soooo envious of that. We picked up 7.5cm last night from the storm that's due to become the Noreaster that will hit your way soon. They are expecting 45cm at my parent's house in Western NY by Wednesday. We've only had 24cm all season in Iowa City =( :cry:

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
My kids are loving it - especially my 3 year old who's whole world is magic right now thanks to all the snow 'slides' and free outdoor rink that developed in our front yard LOL...I'll see if I can find a pic to share of that thing. We have a young willow tree in the front and water naturally pools around it - well, when the snow started to melt it all went that way, then we had big time rain last week and a nice rink formed! Perfect for my hockey loving teens and toddler!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's hard to describe how great that is to folks who didn't grow up with it. I guess it's something you need to latch on to when you're young and just carry it into adulthood. People around here look at me like I have 2 heads when I get excited for cold weather and snow.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
87171-8602191591.jpg

The 'rink'. I'm on 2 1/2 acres out in the country...I love it out here.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
CooperDragon":39cpin57 said:
It's hard to describe how great that is to folks who didn't grow up with it. I guess it's something you need to latch on to when you're young and just carry it into adulthood. People around here look at me like I have 2 heads when I get excited for cold weather and snow.

I totally get it. When I was young, I was never home - summer or winter. We'd cross country ski every chance we could get (never had money for a sled). I still love it, just not as 'hardy' as I used to be lol

BTW - that picture is from a gif, hence the fuzzed look. The 'rink' is about 20 more feet past where my son was skating off to the right.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
One more shot - promise -
87171-4630522756.jpg
The one sitting is my almost 17 year old daughter, and the other is my 15 year old son.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a really good size rink! Have they set up a bucket and mop zamboni yet? I remember spending hours on a flooded are like that as a kid. It was nowhere nearly that size though. Just part of a backyard in a city lot. Didn't matter to us though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom