bathtime

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys wanting to bath my little brenda but un sure of a temperature as I don't want to burn her but I don't want it to be to cold for her does any one the correct bath temperature for dragons

roddy

General rule I go by is a little warmer than room temp, ie it should feel warm to touch but not at all hot (although I have come accross alot of conflicting advice), if it is still a little too hot your beardie will not like it and let you know (they will thrash about to try and get out) put them in tail first after you have tested the water.

The main issue as long as you hand test the temp is keeping it warm enough, if the temp drops too low your beardie can go dormant and therefore you may just think they are comfortable. so keep testing the water every 5 mins and if it feels colder than room temp add some warm water, but not too close to your lizard.

Mine will happily bath for 20 or 30 mins, I bath them in my sink and once they have had enough they will hop upto the side. I try to bath them every 4 days.

If using your sink, clean your sink with reptile safe detergent beforehand, chemicals in soap residue can be harmful.

roddy

Yeah luke warm is a good descriptive, I fill mine about 2 inches deep this means they dont get their ears wet, also after I put them in I splash water over their legs, back and tail, just to make sure their skin is well moisturised and rub a bit of water over the top of their heads.

I also drip water onto the tip of their nose, one of my beardies will lick this water, the other will actually start drinking from the bath when I do this.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I run the water on the inside of my wrist and keep it to feeling just a little warm. I fill the tub up to around armpit level. Sometimes they like to have a washcloth to stand on for some traction.

YoursTruly

Juvie Member
CooperDragon":1ud5zrh5 said:
I run the water on the inside of my wrist and keep it to feeling just a little warm. I fill the tub up to around armpit level. Sometimes they like to have a washcloth to stand on for some traction.

This is exactly what I do. My hands are very tolerant to heat, so I use my wrist. My little one likes to hang her front half over the side of her tupperware while she poops. I guess it gives her something to push off on :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom