Prosthetic hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonZillaKing

Hatchling Member
So from the day i got my beardie he has had no hand on his right side. I have been thinking about making a prosthetic hand for him but i am not sure what to use. I want to know if anyone has done this before and/or can give me ideas on how to go about this. Any recommendations?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I don't think the beardie will like anything glued, bound, strapped to it's arm.

I saw a beardie once who had a two wheel dolly under it's hips , as it had a broken back and lost the use of it's legs.

Very common for beardies and other lizards to loose a foot, hand, arm or leg in attacks by their siblings or tankmates .... they adapt quite well and often lead pretty normal pet lives , but do require mods to their tanks to compensate for their disability / mobility issues.

DragonZillaKing

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thank you for the info. Yeah he probably doesnt need it. He is just as agile and athletic as any other beardie.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
DragonZillaKing":ttbmzp04 said:
Ok thank you for the info. Yeah he probably doesnt need it. He is just as agile and athletic as any other beardie.
It was awfully thoughtful of you to consider the option though. We will often go to great lengths to make our buddies happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom