Bearded dragon switching to veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbsy01

My bearded dragon is becoming a year old and still has a hard time eating veggies when its feeding time. How do I get him to eat his veggies without tricking him with putting crickets and super worms in his veggies, when all he does is pick them out. The only time he eats his veggies is if he misses a cricket or just luckily grabs a few with a cricket. Ideas or advice?

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Hi there!

Just keep at it! They can be super stubborn... Keep offering him lots of different items, to see if he actually likes any of them. One day he'll give in! At a year old, he's probably got a little more growing to do, so it's not an emergency to get veg into him. Do you feed him once or twice a day? You could try only offering him veg in the morning, no bugs. If he's hungry, he'll eat. Obviously you're not starving the little guy, and going without bugs for a few hours will not do any harm. Then he can have bugs for lunch or dinner, if he's super adamant about the anti-vegetarianism! If you're concerned about more veg, you could always go to bugs every other day, and keep offering salad every day. But, like I said, not an emergency at this point. Some dragons won't ever want anything to do with vegetables!

Good luck! :D

Gibbsy01

Original Poster
Honestly my little buddy is really weird at times. I only feed him once a day and he is content with it, he eats about 15-20 crickets a day. His actual schedule, no lie has been crazy. I figured it out, the past month, what he does is every other day, eats and basks all day, then the next, sleeps all day then goes back. He has been doing that for a month and its weird but if hes OK, I'm fine with it. Ill have to try the veggies in the morning thing and I was going to start changed up the veggies to see if anything looks good to him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom