Bathing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahxx

Hey I'm a first time bearded dragon owner! I'm so happy with my little beardie. He's recently started to shed and I was hoping to bathe him to help him along. This may be a silly question, but I've read that you cannot put a beardie back in his vivarium while still a bit wet. Is this because of humidity reasons or would it be harmful to him? I'm a bit worried to keep him out too long while wet as he's so small, in case he gets too cold. Am I worrying too much? .... Probably haha. Thank you so much to anyone who can answer x

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
That's something I've never heard, but they dry off pretty quickly. I always just put mine right back in their basking area. There shouldn't be a humidity issue from the bit that would be on them (at least I wouldn't think so).

sarahxx

Original Poster
Thank you! That's really helpful. I'm probably over thinking a bit as he's my first reptile. I just wanted to make sure I'm keeping him healthy and happy x :D :D

roddy

I have never heard of this either, and always take mine straight back to the viv, however I carry them from the bath to the viv on a micro fibre sports towel which absorbs any surface water on them, but only do this to stop them dripping on my floor.

sarahxx

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply! Hmmm I can't remember where I read this information but I'll have to make sure to do more in depth research in the future! x

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Well, it is best to 'pat dry' them before putting him back into his enclosure, but other than that, he should be fine :D

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's a good idea for them to go under a basking light for a bit after a bath to warm back up. I wrap mine in a towel burrito style and pat them dry as soon as they get out of the bath.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom