New beardie parents please read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaminkiera

Ok I have now had 2 beardies for ten days now and I think we are finally catching on. we went and bought one of those zoo med kits thinking it had everything we needed and it pretty much did. But do not trust the thermometer at all if I was not paying close attention to the cage I would of cooked the poor little guys. I had to in there varies on each side and they were off buy 28 degrees. It was definitely affecting the dragons. After reading in hear it was said to not trust the thermometer in those kits so I went to lows and bought a laser one that works great. Just be very careful. And I had one of those zoomed heat rocks DO NOT USE THEM. MINE HAD A SURFACE TEMP OF 146 degrees f.. sorry I am not the best at typing or spelling so thanks for bearing with me hope it helps someone

jessie4698

Wow that's crazy. I just got my 2 month old bearded dragon 5 days ago and also purchased the ZooMed kit. I've done a lot of research on this site and have changed a lot, but I still need a temp gun or a thermometer with a probe.

How much did you pay for the temp gun/laser you got from Lows?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I had tried using a pulp thermometer to take my cage temps (I work in logistics cargo with refrigerated freight, was easy to just have one) and based on those I believed my temps to be too low. I eventually got my temp gun and found out I was off by about 20-30 degrees in both enclosures. This was more so my fault as I did not allow the pulp thermometers to sit long enough to get an accurate reading.

Temp guns are definitely worth the investment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom