Juvenile Beardie morph?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannahEB

Hi, everyone! I'm pretty new here and this is my first post. I would post in the introduction section, but I have some little questions about my beardie.
So, I have had a bearded dragon before, though my last one passed away tragically (he got really sick and though I spent so long trying to nurse him back to health, he died in my lap:(.) So, I now have a new little baby named Tango.
I have had for excactly a week at this point and I adopted him at petsmart.
Tango is really small compared to the other beardies at the store approximately the size of my pinky finger(I don't have a ruler on me at the moment, but I have photos of them.) He was listed as a normal bearded dragon, not "fancy" but looks almost identical to the "fancy" breed and not at all like the normal breed. He has rough scales and orange marking around his black spine. The normal breed looked brown with black and white, but he is far more extravagant.
I am confused if he is a different morph..? Or if his scales differ from the others? If you have any idea why he would be normal, not fancy or if you could figure out his morph as a juvinile, I'd love to hear some ideas!! :)
90464-3498679972.jpg
90464-4854889167.jpg
90464-7302743476.jpg

Vh621

Hatchling Member
Hello, that's an adorable little guy you have there. Fancy isn't a morph at least not by breeder standards. Typical morphs are trans, dunner, hypo, leatherback, german giant, normal, wits, zeros and a few others. Then there are the various colors and patterns and the color names typically vary by breeder. Most pet stores especially big chain stores are not going to know the difference as they buy them in bulk and they are not going to go through the trouble of getting the individual morphs. If I had to guess I'd say normals are probably the less colored dragons and "fancy" are just their way of saying these guys are more brighter and/or colorful. Without talking to the actual breeder it's really hard to get to specific but you can tell the difference between say a normal and a leatherback(leatherbacks are smooth to the touch) or visual hypo(clear nails) but thats about it. Sorry I couldn't help more but that is a really cute beardie non the less and as long as he's happy and healthy that's what counts. Good luck with your new little guy.?

HannahEB

Original Poster
Vh621":2h7ycgzz said:
Hello, that's an adorable little guy you have there. Fancy isn't a morph at least not by breeder standards. Typical morphs are trans, dunner, hypo, leatherback, german giant, normal, wits, zeros and a few others. Then there are the various colors and patterns and the color names typically vary by breeder. Most pet stores especially big chain stores are not going to know the difference as they buy them in bulk and they are not going to go through the trouble of getting the individual morphs. If I had to guess I'd say normals are probably the less colored dragons and "fancy" are just their way of saying these guys are more brighter and/or colorful. Without talking to the actual breeder it's really hard to get to specific but you can tell the difference between say a normal and a leatherback(leatherbacks are smooth to the touch) or visual hypo(clear nails) but thats about it. Sorry I couldn't help more but that is a really cute beardie non the less and as long as he's happy and healthy that's what counts. Good luck with your new little guy.?
Ah! Thank you! I assumed the same, but I wasn't sure. ? thank you for the information and happy wishes to the lil' guy! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom