What is my new Beardie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maineflyersfan

So, I am not only new to the world of Bearded Dragons but I am also new to the world of keeping reptiles. After extensive studying and planning I purchased my first Bearded Dragon for my 9 yo boy and I. We bought one at Petsmart ( I know I know....please forgive me). I wasn't comfortable buying through mail order and having it shipped as the winters are extremely cold here in Maine. Anyway, we just have dedicated to getting one locally and giving it the best possible life we can give it. So my question is, does anyone know what type of Beardie ours is ? It was listed as "fancy" at the store. She has really pretty orange highlights. Thank you for any input. We have had her for a month and are completely infatuated with her !
90183-4247406563.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! She's a good looking dragon. Nice and healthy based on the photo. How is she settling in so far? She doesn't look like any specific morph, just a standard dragon. The Fancy label is Petsmart's store brand for a standard central bearded dragon. Do you have any questions about her care?

Maineflyersfan

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply. I appreciate you taking the time. Thus far we are pretty comfortable with how it has gone. We've had her for about a month. She is eating great and seems overall happy. We have given her a pretty good mix of food including small dubia's which she loves, crickets, a good mix of various greens like kale, dandelion ( when we can find them fresh at the grocer), collared greens, green peppers all dusted with Reptivite and the occassional wax worm.
My only wonder/possible concern is whether she is getting enough water so we have given her twice weekley soaks and have seen her drink when she does soak. She doesn't seem to bother with the water in her dish in the the cage at all.

She is quite active throughout the day and likes to be out and carried around / sit in our hands while watching TV etc. So it makes me laugh to see her almost like clock work kinda put herself to bed so to speak around 8pm every night. She always snuggles in the same spot, eye's closed and snoozing.

We never knew anything about reptiles and never even considered keeping one as a pet. My 9 year old boy has a friend with one as a pet and it really caught our attention. After alot of reading and planning, we jumped in to the hobby. It has been a ton of fun. We are already planning on getting a second one as soon as we can get together another vivarium. I am going to mail order the next one this spring when we do. Thinking about one of the specific morphs. Addictive !!!!

Thank you again for your response !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom