Tamed and Happy, Male/Female Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sombra88

My three month old beardie who has given me a world of problems is finally tamed! I thought for so long he would never be tamed but alas he is tame and loves to play with me, be out and generally hang around. He is no longer skiddish and even likes new people! We had a birthday party tonight and he was handled by atleast 10 people with no stress marks. I am impressed and absolutely happy. I know beardies may not be capable of some emotions but I adore my little guy.

I am now ready to get a second beardie (a female, I am pretty sure mine is a male). My questions is mostly about how they can live near each other. They will be in separate vivs but can they see each other visibly or will that cause agression? Can they play together? Does anyone have a guide or tips on having both a male and female, I am excited and want a second beardie, I have a huge space and all the equipment and time for them (work from home!)

Thanks!

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I would personally keep them separately at ALL times. Letting them play together might result in some baby beardies :wink:. If the male can see your female, he might start getting territorial, moody, or only care about the female. It can cause stress for one or both. So, IMO, I would not let them know their is another beardie in the house.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Your existing beardie will not be impressed when a new beardie shows up, it thinks you and the house are it's territory.

I suggest if you do get another beardie (make sure of the sex of your beardie first, two boys in the house are going to be cause problems , best to get a girl if your's is a boy or a girl, girls are mucn more tolerant of each other than two boys who will never tolerate the presence of another boy.

I also suggest when you get a second tank that it as front access , not one of those converted fishtanks so often used to house beardies in the USA. if you can stack the two tanks one ontop the other I think this is the best option as neither dragon will be able to see each other (when in their tanks).

nathb1

Hatchling Member
sombra88":2axoefss said:
My three month old beardie who has given me a world of problems is finally tamed! I thought for so long he would never be tamed but alas he is tame and loves to play with me, be out and generally hang around. He is no longer skiddish and even likes new people! We had a birthday party tonight and he was handled by atleast 10 people with no stress marks. I am impressed and absolutely happy. I know beardies may not be capable of some emotions but I adore my little guy.

I am now ready to get a second beardie (a female, I am pretty sure mine is a male). My questions is mostly about how they can live near each other. They will be in separate vivs but can they see each other visibly or will that cause agression? Can they play together? Does anyone have a guide or tips on having both a male and female, I am excited and want a second beardie, I have a huge space and all the equipment and time for them (work from home!)
Thanks!

I have a Dixie (male) and bought Frankie (gender unknown) and I couldnt put their viv in same room because Dixie was black bearded and head bobbing. Anytime Dixies sees a tank empty or with something in it he starts freaking out lol So out of sight and mind is better. Frankie is in the kitchen and Dixie in the living room, they both see inside the living room but not each other... Dixie walks around the house and sometimes head straight to Frankies tank, I dont know if he can smell her or whatever but I wouldnt let them play together ever!. Im sure Dixie would eat Frankie! She is tiny .They have separate floor time/cuddle time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom