Color labeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Hey all!

This is more for curiosity sake and I know labeling colors and patterns is more so a breeding thing, but I'm curious as to what my dragons would be considered, or what my baby would possibly grow up to be at this rate.

89300-4001698895.jpg
89300-2868999592.jpg
89300-8801507931.jpg
He jumped onto the cat himself. Brave dragon!

This little guy, Richter, just hit 4 months and 2 weeks at a little over 10" long, and just finished a back shed while starting a head shed.

To me he looks like he's got some tiger stripes going if he continues at this rate (MANY sheds to come) and was curious what he would be labeled as if he continues these colors and patterns. Citrus tiger? Rainbow tiger? He has some blue hues and tan/green hues beside them with orange and rust color stripes. He is also hypo.

Here is my adult, Simon, as a baby to a beautiful citrus. He's kinda of like a "school bus" yellow, which to me is more of an orange. Would he be an orange citrus it just a general "citrus"
89300-5532304961.jpg
89300-2250140701.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Both are very pretty ! :) Along with being a hypo,your little guy is also a leatherback. He may gain or lose color as he grows, he does resemble a tiger but most have a bolder pattern and develop strong orange/yellow color with blue/grey [ but can be black ] tiger bars.

Simon would be referred to by some as a citrus, others might call him an orange-phase.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":32ieam1v said:
Both are very pretty ! :) Along with being a hypo,your little guy is also a leatherback. He may gain or lose color as he grows, he does resemble a tiger but most have a bolder pattern and develop strong orange/yellow color with blue/grey [ but can be black ] tiger bars.

Simon would be referred to by some as a citrus, others might call him an orange-phase.

Thank you!
When I first got Richter I was curious whether or not he was a leather back due to being so soft compared to Simon but he has since gotten a little spinier, so I just figured he had smaller scales.

I'm very excited to see how Richter turns out since Simon was so drastic that my family commented every time they visited "did he change color??"

When I take Simon with to petsmart they just call him a very beautiful "fancy morph" .... but hey I guess making up your own labeling does no harm to the dragon

fuchsiaSkies

Hatchling Member
Least he didn't poo on Kitty's head!! :lol:

Very pretty little one, looks like a rainbow! Should be exciting what happens after more sheds. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom