How old is my Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
NewBeardieOwner421":3ov2f8kq said:
Okay. Thank you. Also my beardie only eats two crickets per feeding so about 6-8 a day. Is this normal for a beardie this size?
He should eat a lot more when he gets settled in better. Try small crickets "no bigger than the space between his eyes"! I have heard of babies eating as many as 50 or so a day. They should get as many as they can eat in a 10 minute period, 2 if not 3 times a day and the last feeding should be at least 2 hrs before lights out to allow him time to get his meal digested before he goes to sleep.

NewBeardieOwner421

Original Poster
Okay thank you. I have been feeding him small crickets. But he only seems interested in a couple then he kind of just decides he doesn't want to eat anymore then the crickets just run around the tank. I take them out after about 10 mins. I have only had him since Friday. So I hope he finds his appetite soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom