Swimming Beardies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie

Okay so Kuro is now 4 months old, hes nearly 12 inches and I decided to put him in a bigger bath today, I placed him in the water and he started to run around it, curiously my mother decided to fill the bath up some more, just out of his depth and she left, I was about to fish him out incase he drowned when he jumped to the deep end and started swimming around, The water was quite deep and he was just swimming along the surface! Does anyone elses beardies like a good swim or is Kuro just awkward?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Haha, you have a funny little beardie :D Just make sure some one is always keeping an eye on him and is right there to help if necessary.

Skipper7

Juvie Member
She's only done it a few times, But I have seen skipper swim. She tucks her back legs along her tail and swims iwth her tail like a croc. It is honestly hilarious. I'm glad your dragon seems to like the water!

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
it seems like certain bearded dragons are able to that. my first bearded dragon swims like he is trying to run on water, and my second will swim like a croc with his whole head and body underwater, he only does that if the water is deep enough. i wish i took a picture of squishy swimming like a croc! sometimes i wonder if i bought a crocodile and not a bearded dragon :lol:

Today my guy totally freaked me out by doing some bizarre underwater action. I saw him go under like some sort of miniature sea monster and immediately started to reach for him, but as I reached I noticed he was totally in control and the water wasn't too deep for him to just stand up...because he's shedding I thought maybe the water felt good on his head so I waited a second to see what he was doing. He did several long underwater frog like shallow dives then popped his face up with only the nostrils and eyes out of water, keeping his body low. He sat like that for a good five minutes happy as can be. I wish I had videoed it because my husband is never going to believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom