White beardie care

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingmusic

Hi, I just got a new white leather back beardie - Lana at the reptile show today : )) As alwasy, reptile show at Pomona never disappoints! You guys should check it out!! I already had 2 beardies so just adding one more to the family : )
However, I found that my Lana seems to heat up a lot faster than my other 2 beardies (citrus tiger and red/citrus) under 100W basking lamp. At first, I thought that maybe lack of pigmentation makes the body temperature higher but after observing her, it seemed that she was feeling overheated with her mouth constantly opening and her frantic behavior of scratching the glass of her tank. As I removed her from the tank,I found that her body temperature was truly very hot despite her hiding in a cave and as she cooled down, she became calmer. I tried to search online to see whether white beardie needs any special care but couldn't find any. Any suggestions? Thank you for the help!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....only silkies need special care and a bit of a lower basking temp. When you say white, do you mean a zero or a Witblits ? Can you post pics of the beardie itself as well as the tank set up ? If you have a basking light that is a tight beam it might just be too hot under that spot. Lana might also be stressed coming to a new home, especially if she can see the other beardies. Here's how to post pics, I'd love to see her :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then hit XIMG

flyingmusic

Original Poster
The tank is a 40 gallon. We separated the tank with a cardboard so Lana doesn't see the other beardie yet. She is about 8 inches now. Lana takes the space at the left with the dark wood branch. The lamp in the middle is uv and the one at the left is heating lamp. Today Lana seems more calm and with 75w heat lamp, she actually feels cold so we are doing 100w heating lamp again. So far so good...maybe yesterday she was too nervous and got too worked up?

Below is the tank and Lana's pictures.
As you could see, she does have pattern so she is a white.
90038-5154259154.jpg
90038-5081819436.jpg
90038-8686144012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom