What room do most of you keep your dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
The most active room is best because they like to observe us slaves in our natural habitat.

SDragons

Juvie Member
Family room. Right in the heart of all the action in the house.

He also have a basking light set up near the patio door

we keep ours in the living room so that he can see all the goings on and isn't lonely. also so we can keep an eye on the cat aswell :L

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My tank is right in the living room too. Some of them are more timid than others but I've found that my guys are very curious and like to be in the middle of the action most of the time.

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
Mine is also in the living room, but that's because it's the biggest room in our apartment. Mine would probably like being in the bedroom since we spend most of our time there (we don't have furniture in the living room yet, so no place to hang out!).

Jsw

Hatchling Member
The most active room, whatever that is, is best for all social pets, in my opinion! Dog beds, cat trees, bird perches, lizard tanks, bunny cages, etc. You want it to be easy to interact with the pet or it might get forgotten in the busyness of life, particularly if kids will be the primary (with strong adult backup) caretakers.

Mine is in my family room but will soon be in my classroom and family room and he'll travel back and forth.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Family room come lounge room - dining room. No room for tubs and enclosures in spare bedroom or study.

They get to see us when watching tv, eating, having visitors, and they all seem to really like watching TV.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Gormagon":yd5ls2p7 said:
The most active room is best because they like to observe us slaves in our natural habitat.

yep , I agree , makes it very easy for them to attract their pet humans' attention when they want us to do something.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
kingofnobbys":2sndobhy said:
Gormagon":2sndobhy said:

yep , I agree , makes it very easy for them to attract their pet humans' attention when they want us to do something.
Ya, that too, :lol: :lol: :lol:

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Ours is in the living room as well busiest room in the whole house.
She sees humans, dogs, snakes visitors, :D

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Great we have a 4 season sunroom that is like a second living room for is. Our computer is in there as well tv so we spend a lot of time in there as a family

I have a very curious kitten that my little guy doesn't like very much so I keep him in our bedroom and her in the living room. I have him out most of the day on my chest though to give him plenty of interation.

I keep mine in my bedroom where I spend 90% of my time outside of school. but I'm not very worried about her getting used to me because the rest of my family are interested in her but not all that up to social interactions. I do like the idea of keeping your beardie in the entertainment space such as a living room.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Living room here.

Do be mindful of windows/doors as drafts and direct sunlight can mess with your temps. Exterior walls also tend to be colder in the winter as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom