Adoption thoughrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaska798

I have 2 options...get a 6 mo old BD from someone who says they don't have time for her anymore or get a 2 mo old from a breeder. I'm torn as to what is a better option. Is 6 mo old too old to bond? I don't want to miss out on raising one if I get the little older one.

6months old isn't too old at all to bond with at all! I made my bond with my sick beardie when he was about 6 months old, it was actually the thing that drove me to adopt him because he needed the proper care and attention. I'd say go with the little fella that's 6 months, and isn't getting the time it needs. They can be just like a dog or cat when given the best time. The 2 month old will have more of a chance of finding a home.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Get one of each , house them separately , never let them be out together especially if both boys and particularly since there will be a considerable difference in sizes (the 6 month old might view the little hatchling as snack).

The 6 month old will definitely bond with you.

Having 2 beardies will allow them each to know they are actually beardies and they'll display some funny and interesting body language and communication with each other (when the see each other).

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
In the event that you can only have one, I would go with the six month old.
My choice would be because
She is being neglected.............. the two month old is in good hands right now
She is older and used to humans (will bond with you faster)
Not as much can go wrong
Sounds like she needs you badly

SDragons

Juvie Member
If you get the 6 month old please take them to the vet for a good checkup to make sure they are healthy. And if not, then to find out what is needed to get them healthy.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd go with the older dragon as well but good points have been made about possible need for some extra vet treatment so keep that in mind and budget. I only adopt dragons who are in desperate need of a good home and while it can be more costly and time consuming, it's very rewarding. They are quite likely to bond with you although it may take some more time than usual. 6mo is still a very young dragon, not even fully grown yet, so you're still getting in near the beginning of their life.

Picklepies

Hatchling Member
Heya, the first beardie I brought was a 6week old from a breeder, and the second was a year old rescue. Both are absolutely wonderful, and whilst we got to influence a lot of Jubsies (1st) personality, Peaches (2nd) has grown so much with us and come in so far though both are an absolute joy to watch grow, though we did have to be verrry patent with him and he still is a BT on edge at times. It probably comes down to finances, Peaches did need a few vet visits and some medication for cocolia(SP??) which brought the price up, but it all come down to how you feel :) xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom