Lost baby beardie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
Yep, I've had reptiles for 43 years, and cats 48 years. Not a single reptile has ever been eaten by a cat. I have never had just one reptile, I have always had multiple...even hundreds. I also have always had multiple cats. That's a lot of reptiles to eat, and a lot of cats to do the eating..and no reptiles ever were eaten. Guess I'm doing something right :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Rankins":30skau0p said:
Yep, I've had reptiles for 43 years, and cats 48 years. Not a single reptile has ever been eaten by a cat. I have never had just one reptile, I have always had multiple...even hundreds. I also have always had multiple cats. That's a lot of reptiles to eat, and a lot of cats to do the eating..and no reptiles ever were eaten. Guess I'm doing something right :)
Yes, separate rooms and locks!
Problem here is, the person that started this thread feels bad enough about what happened to her baby dragon and you and kingofnoobys debate is not helping the problem at hand.. Let's get back to the main subject please :silent:

Happileeeverafter

Original Poster
We haven't found a body or any limbs or blood or a tail or any signs of a fight anywhere. We're gonna do another search all day today and tonight. I still feel completly horrible, I really hope our poor baby beardie is alive and just hiding. I'm so scared to move things around though cause I don't wanna hurt or kill it if it's hiding. Any certain foods baby beardies like best or tricks you guys have that I can try?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a good sign. If he's just hiding then he will be OK for a while. Try something squirmy like black soldier fly larvae/phoenix worms along with a basking lamp over an area of the floor. He is likely sleeping a lot though so keep looking through tight areas and up under furniture etc.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
They are the same thing. You can order them online pretty easily. I am sorry you still haven't found your dragon :(

Rankins

Gray-bearded Member
I really hope you find your baby. I'm going to bail out of the forum for awhile, probably for several months. Hopefully it will have calmed down when I return.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I hope you find your little baby, that has to be frustrating not knowing what happened & not being
able to see any signs of what could have happened. Just carefully move everything around, look under everything that you can. They are excellent at hiding!
The phoenix worms would be a good start to entice him/her out, along with a basking light.

Keep us posted on the situation.

Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Let's please keep the peace here, we are here to help a fellow beardie lover who has lost his beardie. We all know that cats are predators & that accidents can & do often happen between them. This is not the thread for arguing the case. Thank you.

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Rankins hopefully you will return sooner than said.
We need ppl like you to help us with our beardies.
We all have our opinions about dogs, cats, etc., around our reptiles,
I have a schnauzer and he is obsessed with Dixie!I dont trust him.
Some ppl feel safe with their animals being around their reptile, thats ok too.!

Would be a loss to us if you decide not to lend your advice on here.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
if he's still around, just hiding, or laying low, and we all know some hatchlings are quite skittish when it comes to people, he might be coming out of hiding and roaming about (looking for scraps of food and bugs) when no one is looking.

You can test for this by laying down some butchers paper or news print near where you think likely hiding spots are and sprinkling some flower or talc powder on the paper. Put a basking lamp on a stand over the spot . IF he crawls across the dusted paper you'll see tell tail tracks and you'll know he's still alive.
I know people who have done this when their small lizard has gone missing, and sometimes the tracks have given strong hints were it's hiding and they've recovered lost lizard.

Also, hatchings are great climbers, have you checked the top of the curtains and up high on climbable furnature.

Happileeeverafter

Original Poster
I am a lady lol. But yes my fiancé and i are really worried. It's been a couple days now...I'm about to over turn all our furniture in our room to try to find our baby or some indication of what happened to our baby. I hate not knowing if it's dead or alive. It's torture!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I was hoping he would have shown up by now!
Keep us posted on the situation.

Tracie

Ancline

I feel extremely lucky mine comes to me when I call "beardie!" I've only had her a month but she comes when I yell. Her real name is Norberta but for sone reason I just call her beardie and she responds to that. Anyways, I accidentally left the front sliding door open when I went to check on a pot of chili the other day. Well my beardie is extremely curious and loves exploring the house so she jumped out. I came back, no beardie. I don't have cats or any other pet but still went into full panic mode. Started calling beardie! while looking arround the floor. Turned to leave the room and up runs beardie looking at me like "what you want?" Haha, taught me to be more careful, no more scares like that for me. Hope you find your dragon, I know it's scary.
Check under the stovetop oven and refrigerator if you have one and if it has space under them. That seems to be the go-to hiding spot when I let my beardie free-roam while supervised. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom