New here with questions that could help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Every beardie is different ....you can usually tell pretty easily if you have a chance to see the dragon beforehand.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Gosh I am so torn. Not many in rescue and do I resort to pet store? Where have most of you all got your beardies from? I just go back to a few weeks ago we were in pet store and my almost 9 year old daughter went up to one and he was trying to climb out like he was saying take me home. He or she sure had spunk.

Shannonc

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
So we have made the decision to get a bearded dragon but take steps as I learn more. We got a tank tonight as it was on sale. We went with the larger tank with the doors that open I hope this is ok. We will continue to gradually get the things we need for tank while we continue to learn about these amazing reptiles so I am sure I will have more questions I want to thank you all in helping me with this exciting journey for myself and my family

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Kudos to you for taking your time and not rushing into it, and for doing your research and getting all the stuff together before you actually get the beardie. Your family and your new family member are all much more likely to have a better experience when you finally do bring him or her home.

My husband and I spent about 2 months getting all the stuff together and trying to learn as much as we could :study: before we finally brought our beardie home. We had decided to get an adult for our first one, but I almost gave in to temptation once when we were at a pet store shopping for supplies, and this adorable little baby beardie was waving at me from one of their enclosures. Even though we had decided not to get a baby and even though I knew we didn't have everything we needed yet, it was all I could do not to take him(?) home with me right then and there...

So I know it's not easy :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom