Sexing dragons with flashlight?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Sexing dragons with flashlight?

Postby AHBD » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:49 am

Hi there, Lanin is a male. There are 2 bulges above the vent and you can see the outline in the flashlight picture. :) Now you have to pop in + say hello once in a while with more pics of your guy !
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby MSMorgan » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:11 pm

Thank you for your reply. I'll put a post in the Newby forum. He's quite different from any other reptile we've had, but loved all the same for his individuality and quirkiness as our first BD.
MSMorgan
Newbie Poster

Postby ArcticWolf3049 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:32 am

I tried very hard but my phone flashlight I guess isn't strong enough or Kayda is too young lol, I'll try again in a few months
ArcticWolf3049
Newbie Poster

Postby MSMorgan » Sat May 23, 2020 9:54 am

ArcticWolf3049 wrote:I tried very hard but my phone flashlight I guess isn't strong enough or Kayda is too young lol, I'll try again in a few months

AW,
How old is your BD? Phone light is not ideal. You can get super bright LED lights from many distributors now days for very low prices. You might also want to get someone to assist you while getting your BD situated under the light. As you can see by my pics, it wasn't easy, :banghead: but I got it done.
MSMorgan
Newbie Poster

Postby Ruffus34 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:07 am

So, is it really a useless idea to check my BD if it is only 5 month? Or it is enough? When I purchased it, the breeder said me it is male. How did he know that for sure so early?
Ruffus34
Newbie Poster

Postby WinFam01 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:41 am

5 months is pretty early, but you can look - then you'll know what you're seeing when the hemipenes start to show (provided it really is male). IDK how breeders do it, they just have lots of experience I guess. 🤷🏼‍♀️
---
Tish

3 human kids, 1 furkid, and 1 repchild - Bored at home, nah!
WinFam01
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion