Closing one eye keeping one open

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Hey there. I dont know if this is really a problem or not. I have noticed both my beardys do it sense I got them, & have noticed others do them at times to. They only do it while they have basking, sometimes there close one eye & keep one open. Like there trying to relax but spy on you at same time "IM WATCHING YOUUUUU" lol. I personally dont think its a problem, but I just wanted check. I keep all my beardys in great households great temps n uvbs & feed n dust with calcium n vitamins like I should I have had them for 4 5months & Know quiteee alot on them. Was wondering if anyones beardys do the same? Like I said, i went to expos and seen some there do it to, seen them do it at pet stores, & other peoples houses. Just curious on if theres really a reason they do it or what.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Sometimes our girls do it to, especially if we are offering them food and they are not hungry for whatever reason, they will close the eye where the food is. Sometimes when beardies are basking and the uvb that is on them isn't a good one, or one that is causing eye problems (PKC) they will keep there eyes closed for a long time. What UVB do you have on your beardies? Is it a tube or compact/coil?

Kilana

My beardie does it when I'm holding him sometimes. But I am a new beardie owner, so I have no idea what it could mean, haha. He closes the eye facing me but keeps the eye away open, I convince myself it's because he's not worried about me and trying to relax, but still keeping an eye out on the rest of the room. Though I have no idea if that's true or not. :lol:

LaDragonEcho

Hatchling Member
Kovu does this too but usually when im holding him and not so much when he is in his enclosure.. i was worried he had gotten something in his eye or my hair scraped his eye so i got turtle eye drops to help put my mind at peace.. i give him eye drops twice a week as just a precaution as i don't think it is anything too serious but id rather be safe than sorry.

Bailey91990

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I use ReptiSun 10 both for my 4-5month old Pastel bearded dragon, & I also use a ReptiSun10 for my Normal 4-5month old bearded dragon.
& I JUST TODAY got a new, beautiful, amazing Dragon. A Red. Brown, Belgium with Blue bars & a nice light blue color inbtwn his patterns which you can see veryyy easy! Hes A Hypo/Het Transulent/Leatherback. Hes only 5weeks old & 6inches, I got it from Dachiu. But atm the only other UVB that I have was the Desert Coil Bulb. Which I know isnt a safe bet, but I talked to Mike the owner of Sunshine Dragons, & he said he uses them with no problem, so I guess Ill continue to use it till I can afford a different one.
They never close both eyes at the same time for a long period of time, if anything they will squint there eyes, like there relaxed but not close them. Just sometimes when there basking there keep one eye open & one eye closed for only a minute then open the eye thats closed. Only time they close both eyes is when its bed time. I'm not to worried about it, I don't think its anything bad, well I hope not, I just didnt know if theres a genetic reason or personality trait reason they do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom