What are bearded dragon shoulder pads used for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Like the subject title. What are they for? You know, these. The black spots on the shoulders.
P8270004.jpg

I know they are natural but it is freaking me out not knowing what they are used for. So any guesses or answers would be great! :D Thanks in advance.

esn

Hatchling Member
Bigger shoulder pads means a larger presence. It presents wealth, class, and some very handsome shoulders. Young women dragons have started donning these pads in hopes of matching up to male dragons in the beard-eat-beard world of the Superworm Exchange. Investing in colonies, building up an economy - things female dragons could never hope to achieve before these times. The shoulder pads are representative of a feminist bearded movement. You don't need to be a man to work for your food. It shows the women are not fearful, and can command just as well as any man! Gone are the days of the women basking at home making salads. They're out in the world, doing the same things as the men and taking charge of their future!

The question reminded me of 80's and 90's powersuits, with the huge shoulder pads for women. I have no idea what they're actually for. Most likely for display purposes.

bunnyrut

Gray-bearded Member
esn":224kojg0 said:
Bigger shoulder pads means a larger presence. It presents wealth, class, and some very handsome shoulders. Young women dragons have started donning these pads in hopes of matching up to male dragons in the beard-eat-beard world of the Superworm Exchange. Investing in colonies, building up an economy - things female dragons could never hope to achieve before these times. The shoulder pads are representative of a feminist bearded movement. You don't need to be a man to work for your food. It shows the women are not fearful, and can command just as well as any man! Gone are the days of the women basking at home making salads. They're out in the world, doing the same things as the men and taking charge of their future!

The question reminded me of 80's and 90's powersuits, with the huge shoulder pads for women. I have no idea what they're actually for. Most likely for display purposes.
LOL!

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Very funny esn. :lol: So I guess no one knows what they are for? I thought that maybe they were for mating. Because they are little flaps of skin that are darker than the rest of the body. And when I fiddled with one Nim closed his eyes in pleasure. So maybe why they are dark flaps is because the male holds onto that to mate the female. And they need to be dark for the bearded dragon to see them. So, has anyone studied dragon mating and have seen these shoulder pads used for that?

traceyb73

Sub-Adult Member
esn":1rwh77eo said:

That is the most comical answer to any question EVER!!!!! :laughhard:

ReptileAddiction

Hatchling Member
TheWerewolf":s5hxdjh0 said:
Very funny esn. :lol: So I guess no one knows what they are for? I thought that maybe they were for mating. Because they are little flaps of skin that are darker than the rest of the body. And when I fiddled with one Nim closed his eyes in pleasure. So maybe why they are dark flaps is because the male holds onto that to mate the female. And they need to be dark for the bearded dragon to see them. So, has anyone studied dragon mating and have seen these shoulder pads used for that?

except only humans find pleasure in it

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
You got to be kidding me. This is a bearded dragon forum, and nobody knows what the heck shoulder pads are for? I'll stick with something to hold onto for mating. That is the only possible answer that exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom