Moving my beardie overseas

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaffer2000

We are moving from the U.S. to Cartagena, Colombia toward the end of this year. My 6 year old son would just be devistated if we couldn't take his 1 year old beardie, Peanut, with us. I am currently applying for a CITES certificate which will provide permission to export (we hope). And I am aware of the health certificate I must have completed by a vet. But that's the scope of my knowledge. How do I get him there? A shipping company? An airline? And what do I ship him in? A cat carrier? A box? A homemade container? How long can they go without food and water? Please post if you've done this before and have suggestions. Thanks.

Tonja

BD.org Addict
maybe you can use a small animal carrier and put him under the seat of the airline you are using..and pack a carry on with essentials for him. I don't know but just a suggestion. Including towels the stewardesses may be able to heat up in a microwave for a few seconds for you. Never had to move like that with animals.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It would also be a good idea to speak to the consuelate of that area to inquire if there is anything else needed. Since he is not an endangered species on a CITES list, with proper paperwork, he should be able to be imported. The health certificate needs to be signed & dated within 10 days of travel, too.
A small hard cat carrier would be fine for transporting. You can look online to see which carriers are approved by the Airlines.
Here is a site I bookmarked awhile back when we were considering moving overseas:

http://www.petmovers.com/site/html/services.htm

I hope this helps.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom