How fast do they grow?

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

How fast do they grow?

Postby Fredsdad » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:22 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

I got Fred last week and he was like 8 inches long when we brought him home. We just did an official measurement and he is exactly 9.5 inches in length. How fast can they grow?
Allen and Fred - One AWESOME Bearded Dragon! Stanley the Austrailian Shepherd
fredsworld by mariettabravesfan, on Flickr
Fredsdad
Hatchling Poster

Re: How fast do they grow?

Postby Mistyck » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:31 pm

They grow pretty fast for the first year. That's how they're able to get to the 18-22" range. What determines the growth is proper lighting, feeding and bathing. Sounds like Fred is growing at a good rate!
Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
Mistyck
Extreme Poster

Postby Fredsdad » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:37 pm

well it isn't for proper lighting. I am getting the reptisun, but still have the stupid coil compact that the ***** at Petsmart sold me.
Allen and Fred - One AWESOME Bearded Dragon! Stanley the Austrailian Shepherd
fredsworld by mariettabravesfan, on Flickr
Fredsdad
Hatchling Poster

Postby thanybeauty1 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:13 pm

I got Spirit on Valentine's Day when she was about 6 weeks old, she is now 6 months old and is 18 inches long and very chunky lol. She will eat anything I give her for the most part and I think that is why she is so big. My 2 yr old dragon is fatter than Spirit but the same length as her. Now my male dragon who is like 10 mons old never started eating veggies until he was about 8 months old and is 19 inches long but slender. I have recorded a growth of 4 inches in one month in both Shep and Spirit. So I guess my answer is they can grow fast or they can grow slow but I do think it depends on what they eat and how they are taken care of.
7 human kids, 1 hubby, 4 bearded dragons ages 1,13 mons, 8 mons,15 mons, 1 ball python age 4,3 leopard geckos 1 yr and 3 yrs old and unknown age. Our animals are our family, no animal should go unloved!
thanybeauty1
Hatchling Poster

Return to General Discussion