Bearded Dragon Names !

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Bearded Dragon Names !

Postby Yacket » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:31 am

I named my baby Gojo. Full name: Cha Gojo. its based on a character from the Anime Series: Saiyuki, whose character was based (loosely) on a Japanese legend about a certain water sprite. and it is believed according to Japanese legend that water sprites like to eat human children but the only thing they love more is cucumbers! so parents would throw cucumbers into the water to appease the sprites before letting kids bathe. I thought it was perfect, as i sacrifice my daily cucumbers to appease my dragon as well, lol. plus, both the character and my dragon have blood red eyes. ^__^ (even though MY Gojo is not exactly spritely and uses his water dish exclusively as a toilet.)
Yacket
Newbie Poster

Postby articwolfgirl » Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:41 am

Mine got his name loki becuase of his mischeavious additude XD
Please dont let my halloween eggs die Please and thank you :) DOnt forget the last egg too :)

ImageImageImageImageImage
articwolfgirl
Juvie Poster

Postby iEMpiiReStAte » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:22 pm

Yacket wrote:I named my baby Gojo. Full name: Cha Gojo. its based on a character from the Anime Series: Saiyuki, whose character was based (loosely) on a Japanese legend about a certain water sprite. and it is believed according to Japanese legend that water sprites like to eat human children but the only thing they love more is cucumbers! so parents would throw cucumbers into the water to appease the sprites before letting kids bathe. I thought it was perfect, as i sacrifice my daily cucumbers to appease my dragon as well, lol. plus, both the character and my dragon have blood red eyes. ^__^ (even though MY Gojo is not exactly spritely and uses his water dish exclusively as a toilet.)

Haha cute story
iEMpiiReStAte
Hatchling Poster

Postby kelseyinchains » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:26 pm

My baby is named Zeus (:
kelseyinchains
Hatchling Poster

Postby alrha » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:43 pm

Working on a name for ours too. Thinking of Puff.
- PUFF
alrha
Hatchling Poster

Postby xboshbeardiex » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:57 am

Hi all,

Well I have a new beardie, had him for about a week and a half and in this time he's grown about another inch and a half :)

I tend to name my animals odd names or multiple names, lol I've had nelly-pudding(hamster), gypsy-cherub(mouse), Charlie-pie(puppy), The Mooglies(two mice), Evil Chief Samson and Miss Peaches(2 parrot fish) and now.........

My beardie....... Billi-Reptar Soup-Dragon <3
Billi - because he could turn out to be a she, and Billi works for both male and female
Reptar - dinosaur/dragon off Rugrats
Soup-Dragon - this is from "The Clangers" which is a childhood tv programme which I used to watch, and they were little pink mice things that communicated through whistles, and there was a dragon named the soup-dragon which fed all the Clangers with green soup :) happy memories

Just thought I'd share my experiences

Hope u decide a name soon I thought millions but didn't think of Billi until I saw him :) x
Loving Mummy to:
Beardie - Billi-Reptar (Bilby)
2 dogs - Charlie Pie & Mr. Muggins
Hammy - Georgie Badger
1 crazy parrot fish - Samson
Mooglie and Peaches (R.I.P)
<3 - Big Loves - <3
xboshbeardiex
Newbie Poster

Postby RolandKyramere » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Yacket wrote:I named my baby Gojo. Full name: Cha Gojo. its based on a character from the Anime Series: Saiyuki, whose character was based (loosely) on a Japanese legend about a certain water sprite. and it is believed according to Japanese legend that water sprites like to eat human children but the only thing they love more is cucumbers! so parents would throw cucumbers into the water to appease the sprites before letting kids bathe. I thought it was perfect, as i sacrifice my daily cucumbers to appease my dragon as well, lol. plus, both the character and my dragon have blood red eyes. ^__^ (even though MY Gojo is not exactly spritely and uses his water dish exclusively as a toilet.)

Fantastic. Geeks unite!
Image Image Image Image Image
RolandKyramere
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DoubleJ » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:45 pm

My Beardie is called Basil. We knew we were going to rescue a Beardie but not whether it would be male or female. the kids were trying to think up names and couldnt settle on one (i have 3 boys and 1 girl). We were calling out names in the car, as if we were trying to get an imaginary Beardie to come to us, seeing which names sounded right. Then my husband calls "Basil! Basil!" and we all fell about laughing as we are all huge fans of the Fawlty Towers series with John Cleese as the mad hotel owner. We decided that was the right name whether it be boy or girl :) (He's a He).
Jojo
Slave to 1 Beardie - Brindi, 2 Greyhounds - Tasha and Tiggs, 1 Guinea-pig - Pedro, 4 human offspring and 1 adorable husband.
DoubleJ
Juvie Poster

Postby Patchouli » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 pm

I have two beardies. The male's name is Berko (australian for crazy, and he is). The female's name is Sooky (australian for gentle).
Patchouli
Newbie Poster

Postby AngelicCacophony » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:59 pm

Hubby and I decided on the names together. Both of us are fascinated by ancient Egyptian culture, so we named the boy after the God Sobek, the crocodile god (it fits his personality, he thinks he's 10 feet instead of 18.5 inches :lol: ) and Selket after the Scorpion Goddess (she was quite hard skinned when we got her, she'd been having trouble shedding, apparently, and felt somewhat like she had an exoskeleton). Devi was given the name because it means Goddess in Hindu, and the way her eyes look it reminded me of a Hindu Goddess.
I'd say give them a name that has some meaning to you, or you feel a connection to. And if all else fails, use the time-tested method: Call your beardie a few names you like and see which one they react to!
ImageImageImageImage 7 days left!
AngelicCacophony
Hatchling Poster

Postby articwolfgirl » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:01 am

RolandKyramere wrote:

Fantastic. Geeks unite!

:D IF i ever change lokis name it was gonna be sanzo XD
Please dont let my halloween eggs die Please and thank you :) DOnt forget the last egg too :)

ImageImageImageImageImage
articwolfgirl
Juvie Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion