Do Bearded Dragons Stink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is a really dumb question, but do bearded dragons or their enclosures stink? I have done a lot of research on bearded dragons, but I can't find anything that says if they start to smell bad.

Thank you,
Paul

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
They don't usually stink. The animal itself shouldn't smell, but if you keep them on sand, they will smell. You aren't supposed to keep them on sand anyway. Also their tank might smell a little if they poop inside of it. For this reason, I bathe my beardie daily so he poops in his bath and his tank remains stink-free :)

Bellalee

Juvie Member
I think their poop smells like monkey poop just a heads up. But they are great and I totally reccomend them.

EmJagsz

Juvie Member
It smells like poop, but I guess it's bearable. If it smells awfully terrible and it makes you want to gag, there might be some internal problems. But poop doesn't smell like roses and daisies anyway :p

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
EmJagsz":36dnkbq7 said:
It smells like poop, but I guess it's bearable. If it smells awfully terrible and it makes you want to gag, there might be some internal problems. But poop doesn't smell like roses and daisies anyway :p
lol, I agree completely! Most of the time, it smells a lot better than a mouse or rat enclosure, just as a mammalian comparison.

Lunatic768

the poop itself doesn't smell that offensive, but it is poop
your dragon won't smell unless he gets poop on himself (on the tail, vent, or feet)
then all you need to do is give him a bath
if you get poop out of the tank, it won't smell really, and if it start to, give it a clean

paulpjholcomb

Original Poster
Thanks guys! I just went to my pet store and they didn't have any bearded dragons in stock because it isn't mating season. :( I also found out that a 40 gallon tank will cost $100! :banghead: I'll still get one when they have them in stock, though.

Fallencomrade2008

Juvie Member
Mine don't stink but im sure you've gathered that much. I just wanted to let you know in my personal experiance it's better to buy one from a breeder rather than a store just because of the way they are cared for.

Lunatic768

paulpjholcomb":2xqbwfmi said:
Well, I would much rather buy from a breeder, but I don't know where any are. :(

if youre lucky you might find one nearby, which is what happened with me
i recommend Mike from sunshinedragons.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom