blue beardie

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

blue beardie

Postby beardie23 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:48 am

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Hi i have been searching for a blue beardie for a very long time and i finally found some pictures of one..I was wondering if anyone knows where to find this type of beardie..It would be a great help if someone knows a breeder or is a breeder.. willing to pay top dollar for one.
beardie23
Newbie Poster

Re: blue beardie

Postby Radioflyr » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:53 am

Most that are this dark as babies will lighten up with each shed. I have never seen an adult beardie with still deep dark blue coloring but I guess its not impossible. Maybe some one more experienced knows more than myself.
Radioflyr
Hatchling Poster

Postby Gail » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:36 am

Sorry but there are no blue beardies. The dark greyish blue some babies show will not stay, it always fades away.
Gail
BD.org Addict

Postby OgleRpets » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:41 am

There must be something wrong with my eyes . . . all I see is a stressed out baby beardie eating. I can't see any blue tint. Is something wrong with my eyes?
~Christene~My Facebook Page
My Website - ImageOgleRpets.com
OgleRpets
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Gail » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:30 pm

OgleRpets wrote:There must be something wrong with my eyes . . . all I see is a stressed out baby beardie eating. I can't see any blue tint. Is something wrong with my eyes?

No, there is nothing wrong with your eyes. Its not really blue but a dark slate gray, on my monitor it looks a tad blueish but almost every hatchling I've seen is that color. It usually fades in a few days but I've seen some retain the color for a couple months.

anyone else notice the substrate stuck to the babies tongue in the pic with the grape? Hope the little fellow doesn't get impacted.
Gail
BD.org Addict

Postby Radioflyr » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:10 pm

Gail wrote:
OgleRpets wrote:There must be something wrong with my eyes . . . all I see is a stressed out baby beardie eating. I can't see any blue tint. Is something wrong with my eyes?

No, there is nothing wrong with your eyes. Its not really blue but a dark slate gray, on my monitor it looks a tad blueish but almost every hatchling I've seen is that color. It usually fades in a few days but I've seen some retain the color for a couple months.

anyone else notice the substrate stuck to the babies tongue in the pic with the grape? Hope the little fellow doesn't get impacted.

Not to mention the grapes are probably coated with crushed walnut shells.
Radioflyr
Hatchling Poster

Postby beardie23 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:33 pm

so this is just a normal grey beardie? the blue will fade away as it shades.. ;(
beardie23
Newbie Poster

Postby fresnowitte » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:45 pm

beardie23 wrote:so this is just a normal grey beardie? the blue will fade away as it shades.. ;(

Yep!
Barbara
Slave to...
Lola, Gus, Roux, Flame, Blaze, Itty Bitty, Checkers,
Ms. Tiggs, Zak-n-Wheezie, 3 cats, & 1 box turtle
Zak-n-Wheezie ~ 2-Headed Bearded Dragon(s)
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79821&start=0
fresnowitte
BD.org Sicko

Postby spyder79 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:55 pm

yeah that is just a normal

there are breeders that are working with a strain that appears lavendar (translucent) but its uncertain if that color will eventually fade out as most trans become quite dull once they get older. in all honesty why do you want a blue dragon. you know what has to happen to create a new color correct? line/inbreeding is the normal practice when trying to create a new color or morph within the bearded dragon world. than it takes a few generations to work out the crap that that caused and even then you get numbers of them that have big health problems. i say just stick with what we already have in the market instead of hoping for yet another abomination of the p. vitticeps.
Brian, http://www.crypticdragons.com
Check the Board Of Inquiry on http://www.faunaclassifieds.com before making any purchase from online breeders.
WARNING: MY POSTS ARE KNOWN TO OFFEND MANY IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED REFRAIN FROM READING
spyder79
Extreme Poster

Postby pikemartin » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:27 pm

Check with bloodbank.com. I've seen blueish greens from them. Around $700 dollars though. Good luck
pikemartin
Newbie Poster

Postby TheWolfmanTom » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:28 pm

The only blue dragon I have ever seen was dyed that color from being on blue sand.
TheWolfmanTom
Extreme Poster

Postby DragonsInKansas » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:11 am

I fell for the "blue" baby beardie thing too when I was first starting out.......my "blue" baby ended up being yellow. :? So blue side bars is about all the blue you can currently get
DragonsInKansas
Sub-Adult Poster

Return to General Discussion