HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT TYPE OF BEARDED DRAGON IS YOURS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
If they didnt tell you at the store what kind he is then that means he is a "normal"

Also I was wondering if there was something wrong with your computer? Your text is showing up as capital letters. Is your caps-lock button on? If you type in all capital letters is makes it hard for people to understand what you are saying and how you are saying it because it looks like you are yelling. Maybe its something with your computer and you cant tell that its in caps? not sure man. but your typing looks like this --> HELLO CAPITAL LETTERS
instead of ---> Hello capital letters.

keschete

Sub-Adult Member
I would say, all of the dragons I have seen at Petco and Petsmart are Normal Phase, some have some yellow or orange. This means they will be some shade of brown or tan with some being more orange or yellow and if you are very lucky...maybe a lot of orange or yellow.

I bought a pet sore dragon that was a normal phase with orange markings and he was so small, stressed and ill...he was dead in two weeks. I now have two dragons from reputable breeders who are doing great.

If you are looking to buy, check out the forsale section and talk to the breeders. You can get a much nicer baby for only 20 or 30 dollars more than at the pet stores....and in some cases, the same price as the pet stores.

VEGASLIZARD

Sub-Adult Member
Our dragon also came from a petstore, but a small one, not Petco or Petsmart. I thought for sure she was not going to get any color as she had almost none as a baby. When you see babies that come from the breaders they will often have some if not allot of color already. With every shed she gets more and more orange on her face and pretty green on her back. I get allot of people telling me how pretty and colorful she is. Who would have guessed, but I see allot of pretty pet shop beardies on here. Unfortunately none of us will ever know what the parents were to have any idea what they will end up looking like. With breaders you can get some idea from being able to see the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom