Terrarium setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFan4L

I was wondering if my setup for my tank was okay. I want to know if my lights are setup probably and if my terrarium was too small for her. She's 18 inches and the tank is 40 gallons.
109017-1244215100.jpg
109017-9431062485.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The tank is too small - the UVB is a T 8 ? What brand of bulb please and is there a cover over the bulb? This is extremely important

PatsFan4L

Original Poster
KarrieRee":37ne1lky said:
The tank is too small - the UVB is a T 8 ? What brand of bulb please and is there a cover over the bulb? This is extremely important
The bulb is a t8 from zilla and yes there is a cover over the bulb. If this is wrong what do you recommend

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so the T 8 needs to be unobstructed NO screen and NO cover - for now I recommend you change out the bulb to a Repitsun 10.0 T 8 better bulb - fixture is fine --when you get the UVB situated please take a piece of decor and have it directly under it 6-8 inches this bulb will need to be changed out in 6 months I recommend 5 -- you will need to upgrade the UVB to atleast a 24" fixture when the tank is upgraded ------ I would be looking for a new tank of 75-120 gallon -- you can look on FB Marketplace or Craigslist -- look for one w/ front doors and if you find one make sure you sanitize it real good w/ F10 found on Walmarts website its spendy but real good or some Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out - if you need help getting the UVB inside I can post some things to hang inside for you or take the screen partially off where it has no obstruction - like setting it width wise across the tank and have the screen 3/4 on w/ the screen butted up to the UVB and basking bulb beside it

PatsFan4L

Original Poster
KarrieRee":29g4b9xv said:
Ok so the T 8 needs to be unobstructed NO screen and NO cover - for now I recommend you change out the bulb to a Repitsun 10.0 T 8 better bulb - fixture is fine --when you get the UVB situated please take a piece of decor and have it directly under it 6-8 inches this bulb will need to be changed out in 6 months I recommend 5 -- you will need to upgrade the UVB to atleast a 24" fixture when the tank is upgraded ------ I would be looking for a new tank of 75-120 gallon -- you can look on FB Marketplace or Craigslist -- look for one w/ front doors and if you find one make sure you sanitize it real good w/ F10 found on Walmarts website its spendy but real good or some Rescue or Zoo Meds Wipe Out - if you need help getting the UVB inside I can post some things to hang inside for you or take the screen partially off where it has no obstruction - like setting it width wise across the tank and have the screen 3/4 on w/ the screen butted up to the UVB and basking bulb beside it
Thank you for all the help. I will take note on what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom