Shedding info for Newbies

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: Shedding info for Newbies

Postby Nykeri » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:03 pm

Thanks! Yeah Rocco just started shedding and I wasn’t entirely sure what it was....

[Click image to enlarge]
Nykeri
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Nykeri » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:52 am

I'm wondering how much shedding affects beardie's behavior... Rocco is going through a major shed right now - torso, legs, under head - and the poor little guy is miserable. He has no interest in his Dubia roaches, and I've been supplementing him with carnivore critical care...

[Click image to enlarge]
Nykeri
Newbie Poster

Postby Piccassofantasy » Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:02 pm

I just gotta bearded dragon and I was wondering if it normal for them to be shedding every week? I got her a month ago and she has already shed 4 times!! And how can I make the shedding process easier on the poor little girl?
Piccassofantasy
Newbie Poster

Postby possumpeg » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:09 pm

Really appreciate the photos and info. Chip shed his tail about a week ago, and his head started looking milky, he was digging at it pretty good this morning especially around his ears and scaly neck, so I gave him his first bath. He really liked that!
When tempted to fight fire with fire; remember, firefighters use water.
possumpeg
Newbie Poster

Postby Lizardking509 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 am

I have a question. My beardie just finished shedding a couple of days ago. From the looks of it he is shedding again. Is that normal or should i be worried? He is 7-8 months old. I have had him 6 weeks now.
Lizardking509
Newbie Poster

Postby Piccassofantasy » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:02 am

Lizardking509 wrote:I have a question. My beardie just finished shedding a couple of days ago. From the looks of it he is shedding again. Is that normal or should i be worried? He is 7-8 months old. I have had him 6 weeks now.

Honestly mine does the same thing, as long as shed isn’t building up on her/him and he/she doesn’t look too tired he/she should be perfectly fine. If your really worried just stick her/him into a warm bath for about ten minutes everyday untilbthe shed comes off.
Piccassofantasy
Newbie Poster

Postby Lizardking509 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:32 pm

Okay. Cool. Thank you. Much appreciated :)
Lizardking509
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Previous

Return to General Discussion