What colour is your beardie? :)

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Re: What colour is your beardie? :)

Postby Blackenedsabbath » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:07 pm

I've never seen a beardie with Jimmia's colouring before :o She's gorgeous! Everyone else's beardie is super cute too!

Pancake is brown with some yellowy/orange on his head when he's in a neutral mood, but when he's happy or curious he's all yellow

[Click image to enlarge]

Here he is, living up to his name :lol:
"*blep*"
- Pancake
Blackenedsabbath
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Deabrua » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:40 pm

HippieLizards wrote:[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
and This is my little Dude, Rocket. He is almost four months old (turns four months old on the 9th) and is im guessing a Citrus/red/Partial leatherback. Since his mom was a Hypo trans Citrus Orange, and his dad was a Red leatherback. Yet interestingly enough Rocket has no Hint of hypo or trans I believe.

He looks awesome! Can I steal :lol:
Deabrua
Newbie Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:54 pm

thank you but I honestly don’t know if would class her grey but that’s what I see so here is a close up of her body and overview, these were taken my today since ahead of all you in time, it’s 15-00 or 3pm now as post this and these were taken at 14-45 or 2-45pm :) [Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:55 am

Deabrua wrote:
HippieLizards wrote:[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
and This is my little Dude, Rocket. He is almost four months old (turns four months old on the 9th) and is im guessing a Citrus/red/Partial leatherback. Since his mom was a Hypo trans Citrus Orange, and his dad was a Red leatherback. Yet interestingly enough Rocket has no Hint of hypo or trans I believe.

He looks awesome! Can I steal :lol:

Thank you, He is my special little Beardie. :love5: and Nah, I'd Like to keep him lol. :lol:
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Aaradimian » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:29 pm

JIMMIA wrote:thank you but I honestly don’t know if would class her grey but that’s what I see so here is a close up of her body and overview, these were taken my today since ahead of all you in time, it’s 15-00 or 3pm now as post this and these were taken at 14-45 or 2-45pm :) [Click image to enlarge]

Whatever color she is, Jimmia is fab. Such wonderful patterning!
Aaradimian
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:43 pm

Aaradimian wrote:
JIMMIA wrote:thank you but I honestly don’t know if would class her grey but that’s what I see so here is a close up of her body and overview, these were taken my today since ahead of all you in time, it’s 15-00 or 3pm now as post this and these were taken at 14-45 or 2-45pm :) [Click image to enlarge]

Whatever color she is, Jimmia is fab. Such wonderful patterning!
I agree. :D
Slave to three Beardies, one Crested gecko, a Ball Python, and a Cat. (R.I.P Thor & Cisco, You two will always be in our hearts).[Click image to enlarge]
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby avasgoldfish » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:34 pm

[Click image to enlarge]

^Starting to shed
I’m not sure what color this little cutie is, but I see some traces of yellow on its back and orange closer to the eye area ... A surprise birthday present for my son, who might name him Goldfish.
“Watered” him and the next day, his back grew wings haha!
[Click image to enlarge]
avasgoldfish
Newbie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 pm

avasgoldfish wrote:[Click image to enlarge]

^Starting to shed
I’m not sure what color this little cutie is, but I see some traces of yellow on its back and orange closer to the eye area ... A surprise birthday present for my son, who might name him Goldfish.
“Watered” him and the next day, his back grew wings haha!
[Click image to enlarge]

lol Goldfish Is cute! And Yes When we first got Rocket I sprayed him down with coconut oil before he shed, and He decided to explode with his skin. 😂 Looked like a molting Cicada.
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby avasgoldfish » Fri Dec 07, 2018 7:04 am

Hahaha! Good to know about coconut oil!
avasgoldfish
Newbie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am

avasgoldfish wrote:Hahaha! Good to know about coconut oil!
Yup, Coconut oil is ny secret ingredient for my shedding solution, Plus it's safe to use.

The ingredients are:
•water
•coconut oil
•and a Little bit of olive oil.

Works great on my beardies, just put it in a Sprayer thing, Spray the Retained shed areas, and Poof, Tomorrow The shed normally comes off and starts flaking off.

I love it. :)
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby avasgoldfish » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:00 pm

I have all of those ingredients at home and will give it a try. Thanks!
avasgoldfish
Newbie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:59 pm

avasgoldfish wrote:I have all of those ingredients at home and will give it a try. Thanks!

Awesome! You're welcome. :)
HippieLizards
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby avasgoldfish » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:06 pm

Rocket reminds me of a beardie that I almost got ... Do they usually keep that color until they’re fully grown? If you had to guess what color mine would be later on, what would it be?
avasgoldfish
Newbie Poster

Postby MarlowAndMe » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:23 pm

avasgoldfish wrote:Rocket reminds me of a beardie that I almost got ... Do they usually keep that color until they’re fully grown? If you had to guess what color mine would be later on, what would it be?

I reckon yours will be close to Marlows colour ( maybe a bit more olive greenish not the yellowish part as I don’t know if yours has citrus genes or not ) and yours has a similar back pattern to Marlows too
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]
MarlowAndMe
Juvie Poster

Postby JIMMIA » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:11 pm

everyone's dragon is beautiful, they're wonderful :)
JIMMIA
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion