Beard turning colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
my beardie has only fully black bearded when either laying in the sun infront of a window or when seeing his own reflection in the mirror.

generally tho they beard out when they are pissed off or not feeling well (like if they injured themselves and are in pain).

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's it then, out in the sun he was kind of stressed. He'll get used to it. Real sunshine is great for them.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
i always figured they went black in the sun to gain more heat. seeing as darker things absorb more heat than lighter things...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
If they are cold they would, otherwise it's a very common stress response for ones that are not used to going outside with all the sights + smells they've never seen before.

ncc74656

Hatchling Member
ahh. my beardie will pancake when there are cars driving by, at work she will run around happy as a clam until the bay doors open exposing the parking lot and busy streets. she is perfectly normal until she comes into view of the open garage doors and then stops in her tracks and lays flat on the ground until either the door closes or i come grab her. when she is chilling out on my shoulder however she stays pretty light in color regardless of cars around her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom