Beardie Growth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I was just wondering what size ( length and weight ) a one-year-old bearded dragon should be. My beardie recently turned one year old in January and she is about 17 inches long. I wanted to know what the average length and weight of a bearded dragon is at this age because she hasn’t seemed to grow much in the past couple of months and it’s been a while since her last shed. Thanks for any help in advance.

EllenD

Gray-bearded Member
It really depends, they are all different sizes, but if she is only 17" and you think she hasn't been properly growing (they typically have a large growth spurt between 7 and 11 months), then it's usually due to them not getting adequate UVB and/or UVA light, or an inadequate diet, or both.

What UVB light do you have? Do you have it sitting on top of a mesh lid to the tank? How far away in inches is the UVB light from her basking spot/platform? And how old is her UVB light?

And what is her normal, daily diet?

Babybeardie3

Original Poster
I use a Mercury Vapor Bulb for her UVB UVA and basking. It’s about 10-12 in (not exact I didn’t measure) from the top of her basking spot. I don’t think she’s not growing properly, I’m just wondering what the normal size is. She seems perfectly healthy just maybe a tad bit small lengthwise. Other than that she’s a happy spoiled lizard. To add, she has always been rather small since I got her from the expo. When I got her they told me she was 4 months old but she was super small. Hope this helps let me know if you need any more info.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It's true that some dragons are just smaller than others over all + never get beyond 17-18" . Your girl will continue to grow very slowly for a while but it may not be very much at all. But if the MVB is over 8 months old it may not be producing much uvb anymore. What brand is it ? Most of them claim to put out uvb for close to a year but the uvb levels diminish before then. Is her appetite the same ?

Babybeardie3

Original Poster
The MVB is brand new I got it about a month ago as a replacement. Her appetite is the same if not more ravenous, she’s quite the eager eater.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's good to hear that she has a big appetite. :) Any pics of your girl as well as her set up ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Babybeardie3":1mu1pq3o said:
Hi I was just wondering what size ( length and weight ) a one-year-old bearded dragon should be. My beardie recently turned one year old in January and she is about 17 inches long. I wanted to know what the average length and weight of a bearded dragon is at this age because she hasn’t seemed to grow much in the past couple of months and it’s been a while since her last shed. Thanks for any help in advance.

Peppa (F) was 466g at 1 yr old , she is now 2.3yr old and wobbles between 740g and 750g and 25 inches long.
Toothless (M) was 345g at 1 yr old , reached 500g at 2 yr old.
Rex (F) was 420g at 1 yr old , reached 637g at 2yr old.
Puff (M) was 432g at 1 yr old , reached 630g at 2yr old.

Babybeardie3

Original Poster
91559-708414494.jpg
This is from a few months ago but relatively close to how big she is now

91559-7542521008.jpg
And this is from last week when I took her out and she went to go take a nap in the corner

I can’t take new pictures right now because I’m currently not home, but these are the best ones I have. You can tell that she’s a beautifully colored girly and she has a great personality the only concern is she may be a tad bit small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom