Stange pooping and beardie issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sawyerbean

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here, but not my first time using this place for help.
I've had my beardie for about two months now and I'm a bit confused and concerned.
As a student, I can't feed my beardie in the morning because 1. I get up before the sun is up and 2. he usually isn't awake by then. You would think he would get hungrier when I feed him at around 8, but the most crickets I've seen him eat is around 12 large ones. I've offered more but he refuses.
before you ask here are his current home arrangements:
- 40 Gal breeder tank
- He has Heating and a 10.0 reptisun UVB
- He is about 11 inches from tail tip to nose
- His substrate is tile on the cool end and newspaper on the hot end
- His temperatures range from 98 to 106 F on the basking side (100w basking bulb) and his cool end ranges from 75-80 F
- Every once in a while he will eat greens (usually not much)
- He is provided with a cave-like hide
- He also has a branch and a fake plant
- I plan on changing the newspaper to a turf like substrate
- He is fed large crickets
Now i hope that answered most questions before I ask my main one. Toast (my BD) seems to have an on and off pooping schedule. One week he could poop almost every day and one week he could poop only once or twice during that week. He seems quite active and healthy, so i'm not sure whats wrong. The last time he pooped was around a week ago and I've tried almost everything. I've done warm baths, massaging his belly, feeding olive oil and applesauce, but nothing seems to be working. He is a picky eater and will only eat something that looks appetizing to him. He wont eat horn worms because they are green. I'm not kidding. Is there anything else I can do for him? I'm not sure of any vets near me that specialize in reptiles, so my mom and I would have to drive a ways. Thanks, SawyerBean

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi Sawyer, it may be that the crickets are too big and he has a harder time digesting them once in a while. Try crickets that are medium rather than large. For natural laxative you can also try baby food sweet potato, squash and green bean with a few drops of raw honey and/or olive oil.BTW, how do you measure temps. ? Can you post pics of him + his set up ?

Sawyerbean

Original Poster
AHBD":1o5z3jzp said:
Hi Sawyer, it may be that the crickets are too big and he has a harder time digesting them once in a while. Try crickets that are medium rather than large. For natural laxative you can also try baby food sweet potato, squash and green bean with a few drops of raw honey and/or olive oil.BTW, how do you measure temps. ? Can you post pics of him + his set up ?
Thanks for the reply! I use a thermal hunter heat gun, and I will post pictures of his set up at home.

Sawyerbean

Original Poster
Sawyerbean":20hvcfq0 said:
AHBD":20hvcfq0 said:
Thanks for the reply! I use a thermal hunter heat gun, and I will post pictures of his set up at home.
for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom