Jango (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all.. not sure who all read my introduction link so I guess i'll start by saying hi, my name is Tammy.. I'm a 38 year old, stay at home mommy of one human, my son Nathan (7yrs) and to Jango. My hubby bought Jango for me on Feb. 29, 2012 at a well known pet store near us.."Gittlers". The lady who took care of us there told us that Jango was only a few weeks old when we got him..so if that's correct he should be about 4 months old.. or somewhere around that i'm guessing. Not sure what kind of beardie he is though. He's currently in a 20 gallon reptile tank with reptile carpet and the lights that came with the tank.. I know I need to get new lights for him asap..just need the $$. He loves his crickets (dusted w/calcium 1x day) and he gets kale and turnip greens with some carrots and cucumber.. once in awhile I give him some apple, wich he loves. his basking side stays between 99 and 105 and his shady side stays about 75.

Jango loves being out of his terrarium and looking out the window, 'specially when the sun is shining and I can have it open.. I always supervise him. I don't trust him enough yet to let him have run of the house but I do let him run around on the couch and once in awhile in my son's bedroom, we block all the holes up and keep a close eye on him, a few times he'd snuggle with my son's stuffed animals and go to sleep, he even fell asleep once on the dresser behind the CD player. I can walk around the house with him hanging onto my shirt or sitting on my shoulder, wichever he feels like doing. Once in awhile I will take him into the bedroom with all the fish... yeah.. we have lots of fish.. mostly Chiclids.. 75 gallon, 55 gallon, a few 20 gallons, 10 gallons and a 5 gallon..oh also got a 29 gallon with gold fish in it.. hubby wants to get another 55 gallon and also wants to get Jango a 40 gallon breeder tank.

On with the pictures:..

Jango when we first came home 2/29/12:
034.jpg

a few days later 3/8/12:
009.jpg

he loves lookin' out the window 3/21/12:
017.jpg

lookin at the gold fish 4/4/12:
029.jpg

Jango's home 4/4/12:
039.jpg

My son and Jango looking out the window 4/9/12:
001-1.jpg

enjoying the sun on a beautiful day 4/16/12:
008-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

Then and now 4/21/12:
Jangobabyandbigger.jpg

sleeping 5/1/12:
005-2.jpg

5/3/12:
008-2.jpg

playing with the tape measure 5/6/12:
020-2.jpg

my handsome dragon 5/8/12:
004-1.jpg

puffin' out his beard 5/9/12:
010-1.jpg

5/10/12:
013-1.jpg

5/13/12:
040-1.jpg

Happy Mother's Day!
043-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

Who's that handsome fella? 5/15/12:
002-2.jpg

That's it for now.. sorry for so many.. there are many more if you would like to see more you can visit this link:
http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e69/TLynnH73/Jango/

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Oh yes.. he is definatly loved.. even my hubby (who said he didn't want anything to do with him when he bought him for me) talks to him and pets him once in awhile :) My mom tells me I take more pictures of Jango than I do my son.. LOL

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
My son loves it when I take Jango into his room.. he says they like to play together..LOL.. but I think Jango just likes to go in there to go to sleep.. He really likes Nathan's one blanket and his stuffed animals..

"Ohh.. this blankie looks cozie.. I think i'll try it out.. ahh.. just right.. zzzz" 5/19/12
016-2.jpg

"Mabie this is a nice place to take a nap.. zzzzz" 5/19/12
018-3.jpg

"Oh wait.. I really like this place.. nice and cozy.. zzzz" 5/20/12
025.jpg

"Mom.. I WAS sleeping.."
026.jpg

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yesterday we had a good thunder storm..calling for another today.. but anyways.. Jango was so scared.. he was so stressed.. when I noticed I took him out of his tank and held him, he clung to me.. my poor baby. I kept my hand over his back and talked to him while petting his head and beard with my other hand, he then calmed down.. after awhile the storm subsided and I returned him to his home and he was fine.

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Jango is such a cutie and looks like he's growing nicely. :)

I LOVE the pics. The one with him and the yellow goldfish is neat. It's like the gold fish is saying, "Hey what are you?"

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you.. He had a huge growth spurt over the past few months but lately it seems he isn't growing as fast.. but he is still growing.. he loves his crickets and eats his veggies pretty well. He loves looking at the fish.. the goldfish's name is Sparky, she's over a year old now and loves the attention, she gets so excited whenever anyone comes by the tank.. there are two others in there as well (Georgie and Sherbert) but they could care less.. LOL. Jango likes to try to eat them..LOL

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
thanks :) I have a few more pics to post.. gonna try to post them tomorrow sometime.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jango gets a good (supervised) bath every sunday when I clean his tank out.. he don't care much for them though. He usually just sits there or tries his hardest to get out. His color lightens up pretty much during his bath to wich is why I think he may be some sorta citrus?? I could be wrong. He gets baths during the week as well, specially with the warmer weather.

Bath Time: 5/21/12
002-3.jpg

038.jpg

I was trying to get a good picture of Jango's colors but they never seem to show up right :? when he's in the sun I can see oranges and yellows.. when he darkens up he has black, brown and reds.. 5/24/12
005-4.jpg

014-1.jpg

015-4.jpg

He loves using my hands to support himself while he basks in the sun..LOL

What big teeth you have.. 5/25/12
018-4.jpg

021-1.jpg

Happy Memorial Day!!! 5/29/12
004-3.jpg

006.jpg

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Jango ate an earwig today.. it was in with his crickets and I didn't even notice until he ate one.. there were 3 more in the cricket cage.. I got them out and will be looking for them from now on before I feed any crickets to him, I just hope it's not poisonous to him :cry: . I also noticed a dark colored scale or something on his belly.. I never noticed it before and i'm pretty sure it's never been there.

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
We woke up this morning to a loud bang (the transformer across the street) and the electricity went out alittle before 8am.. Jango didn't know what was going on.. I think the bang and that his lights went out scared him.. he was stressed so I got him out and cuddled him, he soon calmed down. He was feeling alittle chilly so I wrapped him in his "blanky" until my hubby went out and got a battery pack that he plugged Jango's lights into.. that helped for about 20 minutes until it died (hasn't been charged for atleast 2 years). Soon after, about 9:15am the electricity came back on and Jango's once again a happy beardie. He seems to be ok, with no ill-effects from the earwig he ate yesterday evening. Still keeping an eye on him and hopefully he didn't get any mites/parasites from it.

Jango in his blanky when we had no electricity 6/2/12:
002-5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom