Not Sure But Beardy Might Be Sick, HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,
im nnot sure if I am to be worried or not.. maybe its just a stage in live as they are getting older but im really not to sure !
Ive been spoiling my beardy a lot trying to get her to like me for a good, six months about LOL, and all of a sudden she is perfect. I can take her out of her tank and just have her chill and run around my room !

But lately she seems to be.. sick? !!
Shes been just sitting around with her eyes half shut, and blocking out the rest of the world around them! I try and move my hands around the outside of the tank and she doesnt really seem to care much because she doesnt look around, she just..kinda stays frozen. But she is still eating her food and eating crickets, but she has never been like this.
And right now my light is turned on still, thinking maybe she is chilling on the cold side more then the hot side and not getting enough heat, so i left it on late. But now she is.. sleeping on the log with her head rested onto it with her eyes closed? She has never done this with the light turned on !

Please help, I do not know if she is sick or not !

SeanBarrettx

Original Poster
Okay quick update,
my beardy never use to drink out of her bowl, so i only sprayed her and put some on the snout of her nose and she'd occasionally lick it, so stupidly enuff.. being me, going out and just giving her crickets for the day, so she has been without water for a while now and I just relized that. So I did the spray thing just now, and she licked it of her nose and even started licking the log she was sitting on, for a good minute..licking at the water on it. So I ran upstairs and got her dish, sprayed water in it, tipped it abit for her and she went right into it, drinking away. This is her FIRST ever time of just, straight up drinking out of her water dish, so RANDOMLY !!!! Is she not only being really nice and letting me take her out and such, but ALSO drinking out of her water dish?..

Can anyone tell me if this has ever happened to you, especially after SIX MONTHS of trying so hard for her to like me, then all of a sudden she does one day, and learns something new aswell (such as drinking water from the water dish that they NEVER drank out of before)
And why does that happen? Is it puberty or what?..

SeanBarrettx

Original Poster
OKAY SORRY, in that long paragraph I was stupid enough to forget to add the most important part.
After her drinking quite abit of water, she is awake now and now closing her eyes, looking more alert and raising her head, looking around and licking her lips lol.
So it seems like the water did the trick, and FAST.

Buggsy

Gray-bearded Member
Have you been bathing her? it sounds like she was dehydrated.

You should put her in luke warm water (about the same temp as a human baby's bath) deep enough to cover her vent (base of the tail) but no higher than her shoulders, and let her soak for 20 min.

In the wild when they dig a hole at night to sleep, they absorb water through their vents from the damp earth they sleep in, as they donut have 'damp earth' to dig in, supplemental baths should keep them hydrated. Some people do this once or twice a week, others like myself do it every day (this often 10 min is ok) but thats because quite often they get use to going for a poop in the bath and will not poop anywhere else!

I would bath her and see if she gets any better.

Just to be thourogh, what UVB do you use (brand is essential here) and how old is it?

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Hello and welcome, how is your beardie today? few questions:
1) Beardie's name? :D
2) How old is she?
3) How long have you had her?
4) What is her length? Weight?
5) Have you been bathing? Baths are very important at best every other day, nice warm water but not hot, test with your wrist or elbow, and up to their armpits so the vent (where they poop) is covered.
6) What size enclosure do you have her in?
7) What are your basking and cool side temps?
8) How do you measure the temps?
9) Does she have a UVA bulb? What brand and type?
10) Does she have a UVB bulb? What brand and type?
11) What is her diet? Details please!?
Sorry to throw so many questions at you and we'll probably have more but we're here to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom