HELP! Problems with eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just cleaning out my beardies' tank when I discovered what I think is a clutch of eggs. Only problem is they look squished and a few of them are an orangish color. Is my Phoenix still healthy or did something happen to the eggs?

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Was she with a male? Some female beardies can have unfertile eggs. I've never experienced that myself. From what I've read, unfertile eggs are yellow.

amazonprincess11

Original Poster
Yes, but I've been trying to keep them seperate because I heard that it is unhealthy for them to breed before the female is at least three. Should I keep the eggs just in case? I don't have an incubator.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I don't know. From what I've read, the yellow ones could be tossed out as they are probably not fertile. Is your female and male housed together now? Or do you have them in separate vivs? It's probably a good idea to house them in separate vivs as males like to breed constantly. If you have some white round eggs, you could save them but you need to get a incubator for them.

Lori

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I have had females throw a clutch of eggs just from being able to see the male. They where all infertile and they seemed like deflated sacs. I would freeze these eggs and dispose of them. If your male and female where not in contact then its a bunch of slugs.

Kagome100

Juvie Member
amazonprincess11":d0250 said:
Yes, but I've been trying to keep them seperate because I heard that it is unhealthy for them to breed before the female is at least three. Should I keep the eggs just in case? I don't have an incubator.

at least 3??? Thats not right at all, a female can breed at 2 years old just as long as she is the right size for breeding. I would not breed a female to far after 4years old tho.

If you have a cam take a pic of the eggs so we can all see what they look like. If you do not want the eggs tho, freeze them than toss them out.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
It kills the embryo or the start of it!! This way they don't end up hatching in the dump!!! It is a very humain way of doing it!!!!

Lance

jcorey1

I have a question about female bd's. Prior to the one I have now I have always had males, and the one I now have turns out its a female! Do females develop eggs even without breeding? What are some good ways to tell, and good ways to avoid eggbinding if she does cycle eggs. Thanks!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
jcorey1":4eff8 said:
Do females develop eggs even without breeding?
Yes they can but that doesn't mean they always will.
jcorey1":4eff8 said:
What are some good ways to tell, and good ways to avoid eggbinding if she does cycle eggs. Thanks!
She will begin to put on weight...begin a behavor that appears to be a panic...meaning she will constantly glass dancing and digging like she is wanting out desperitely. Best to have a dig/lay box ready for when this behavoir comes along so that she will lay the eggs and not become egg bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom