Tank Size Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkysoFly

Depending on the answer to this question, I will go look for a new one IMMEDIATELY. But my baby. Whom is 7 weeks old, is not growing. I've got everything right. Basking temp is 115. Temp is 90 and I don't have a cool side, but he goes under his hide to cool down and then goes back to basking. It's almost impossible to pull off a gradient with a tank this size, in fact it probably is. I feed him, collard greens, kale greens, turnip greens, mustard greens. etc. He eats 25-30 crickets a day. Reptisun 10 UVB light. I dust his crickets with regular calcium everyday. It's come to my attention that he just isn't growing. Could he just not feel the need to grow because of the size of his tank (10 gal) Don't get me wrong. He's grown since I got him 5 weeks ago, but my friend who has a baby at 7 weeks as well is enormous and dwarfing him. So could the size of the tank actually be hindering his ability to grow? Or am I an *****. He's about...8 inches I wanna say.

Esther19

BD.org Addict
I am not sure of the answer to your question. I do know that you're not an *****. If you were, you wouldn't have come here for answers. Someone will come along that can answer your question. :)

kjinxx2

Sub-Adult Member
The size of enclosure does not affect your dragon's growth (their brain is much simpler than ours and even we can't choose whether or not to grow). How are you measuring your temps? What does your humidity look like? You might consider getting a slightly larger tank, since the gradient is really important. Have you had a fecal done for him yet? It might be wise to get one done just in case. Bearded dragons, like humans, grow at different rates and at different times. Mine didn't start really growing until he was around 5 months old, after he hit that point he just took off...

Don't get too worried, as long as your setup is right and you're feeding properly he'll grow when the time comes ;)

SkysoFly

Original Poster
I've got a digital thermometer with a probe. I've a hygrometer. His humidity is at about 20%. I've taken him to get a fecal and he was fine, no parasites whatsoever. He eats really well. He likes kale....a lot. That's his favorite green. If I don't mix kale in with his greens..he pouts and doesn't eat them. I'm glad to hear that it's not a problem. My friend's just kind of made me nervous, I mean...if you were to put the twoside by side...you would feel sorry for my little guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom