how many times do you feed them crickets per week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

12many

two much... maybe... two less...is more like it. lol...i kid.

i think three times is good. 1 in the morning, 2 @ noon (not heavy meal though), and 3 at night.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Depends on how old your dragon is.

Babies - Juveniles need as much food as they can eat in 10-15 minutes, 2-3 times a day.

Adults don't need as much protein. I feed my 6 year old protein 1 time a day 2 times a week.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Mistyck":q66vw6c2 said:
Depends on how old your dragon is.

Babies - Juveniles need as much food as they can eat in 10-15 minutes, 2-3 times a day.

Adults don't need as much protein. I feed my 6 year old protein 1 time a day 2 times a week.

mine are 9-10 months old

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 9 to 10 months old, twice a day should be enough. They will decide when one feeding a day of crickets is enough because they cut themselves back when ready at that age.

dragonjim

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
diamc":24lmlezb said:
At 9 to 10 months old, twice a day should be enough. They will decide when one feeding a day of crickets is enough because they cut themselves back when ready at that age.
thanks

NurseKrista1014

Hatchling Member
If you are feeding them a variety of worms on the side, should you feed them less crickets or keep feeding them the same amount of crickets as usual?

NurseKrista1014

Hatchling Member
both my dragons are 9 months old. Burta is 16 inches long, and Charles is 10 inches because he does not have his tail.

This is Charles:
june2011021.jpg

See his tail is barely even a tail. Some of my friends call him Stub or Stubby :p

And thats my Female Burta who is 16 inches:
june2011004.jpg

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
My almost 10 month old only eats once a day, and about 6 - 7 medium dubias then he is done.. and 1 day a week he gets about 13 butterworms for a treat instead of dubias. He totally went off supers, and butterworms are the only thing he will eat (except hornworms) but they are way too expensive and don't last as long..

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 9 mo old, you shouldn't be limiting their feeders at all so give them all the crickets or worms they want in about a 10 to 15 min timeframe each time. When they are ready, they will start eating less protein on their own.

NurseKrista1014

Hatchling Member
yeah every now and then I will buy silk worms, butterworms, and waxworms. I am breeding mealworms right now so no more buying them just waiting for them to be big enough to feed them to my beardies. I have not tried them on hornworms or superworms though.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Personally, mine will not eat 2x a day. I let him eat as many Dubias as he wants 1 time a day.. He is 9 (almost 10 months old) and weighs 450 grams.. He is going to be a big boy.. but if you feed them once a day at this age as much as they want to eat in that one feeding, that is plenty as long as they have greens all day.

Yours look very healthy and happy, so you are doing good whatever you are doing..

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
My guy eats as much salad as he wants everyday, and has protein 2x a week. He has been like that sine he was 1, and he will be 6 this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom