Wondering about a rescue train for this lovely girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your willing to drop her off in wyandotte he is willing to take her. He is willing to drop her off in macon, Ga around 7:30pm monday night.

merritt

That shouldn't be a problem, as I get out of work early that day. Thank you so much! This has worked out surprisingly well :)

Now what do we transport her in?

I have transported mine with me in a 18 gallon rubbermaid container, with a towel on the bottom. I didn't put a lid on it I left it open. My dad is drving and extended cab F150 so he has the back seat to set something on. I would think maybe even a small dog cage or as a last resort a box. I will talk to him about stress marks and to keep and eye on her for them. I hope this goes as planned. He did say he will be getting a hotel room in Macon, Ga and is hoping to be there about 7:30pm monday night and will be stopping there for the night to rest.

midnight_962002

Sub-Adult Member
Well that worked out awesome for this little girl.

You do want to put the lid on because mine have the tendency to climb out of a container. I am not sure how they do it but, they do.

Also, you might want to put a towel over it so she can't see to much. It will help with the stress.

Good Luck

Ernie

merritt

:D This makes me very happy too! When is your dad leaving from Wyandotte? Unfortunately I found out I work from 10-7 tomorrow, but have no qualms about dropping her off early (7:30-9:00)

This is really a fantastic community :mrgreen:

Geno

Original Poster
What timezone are we talking about? I would hate to be an hour off here lol.

I can do Macon but Atlanta is still an hour and a half closer for me and I know he'll be going through there ;)

Thanks guys - this will work out nicely.

I pm'd my contact info to everyone involved so if anyone didn't get it, let me know and I'll make sure you get it.

Thanks again! :blob8: :mrgreen: :blob5:

merritt

Well, as I post it's 4:39 at this moment... I don't know where the timezone change is, but I should be an hour or so ahead of you.

Geno

Original Poster
merritt":99bf5 said:
Well, as I post it's 4:39 at this moment... I don't know where the timezone change is, but I should be an hour or so ahead of you.

That will do - thanks!

Geno

Original Poster
Leaving now for a meeting in Pell City, AL, then on to ATL to pick up her cage setup and to Macon to fetch this girl.

She is well on her way now and barring catastrophe will be here late this evening. Enclosure will be set up first thing in the morning and we get it dialed and her hydrated, fed and settled in.

I will start a new thread with pics as soon as the critical stuff is under control tomorrow as I will be on the road until midnight or so this evening.

Thank you eveyone - I am amazed that we got this to happen so smoothly.

Geno

Original Poster
Well she is now at her new home. She looks really good. My back is killing me but the muscle relaxers are starting to work. :twisted:

The girl with the enclosure and accessories in ATL crapped out on me so I get to go to the pet store tomorrow and leave them far more money than I would like to get a setup going.

New thread tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom