Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatty

Juvie Member
After losing my beloved five year old male snow-beardie Bob, I adopted a male beardie from a family who didn't really want him anymore. His name is "Cooper". I am uncertain of his age. When we attempted to get him, he was really aggressive and skittish and would blow his beard out at us and try to bite. As you can guess, this was adventurous. I realized he had been handled very little by his owners. I brought him home and released him in my bathroom with a closed door to explore. He was really cranky and agressive. The most amazing thing, the next day he calmed down and I let him chill with me on a warm heating pad and watch TV. He seemed to enjoy that. Now, about 3 weeks, later, there is no sign of aggression in him. He loves to be babied and cuddled and will stay put on a heat pad on the arm of the chair and watch TV in the evening.

Am I just lucky or what. He really does seem to trust now and has totally abandoned his agressive behavior unless he sees one of the two ladies in the distance. I think he will make a great father. He is now my incredibly cute adoptee known as Cooper. I just wanted to share.

Tatty :D

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Exactly the same story with our adoptee Dexter. She's now a complete snugglebug.

I hope you post photos soon!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
Very nice! It sounds like Cooper knows he's in a great home! And ladies waiting, no less! :wink: I have yet to find a beardie that can't be handled, that can't understand when someone truly cares. When I got Fib, most of the people in the store were scared of him, but most knew nothing about reptiles either. They let me take him out of the tank, and were amazed that he did not act with me as he had been displaying he would with them. :love5: The dragons really know when we are sympathetic to their situation, and show their trust and appreciation much faster than many cats or dogs coming out of equivalent bad living experiences. Good luck with Cooper, (great name!) and keep us posted! I love it when a dragon finds the right home! :laughing6:

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Cooper3.jpg

I am trying to post a picture of the adorable adoptee Cooper. I hope this picture from photobucket works. If it doesn't could I have some help please!

Tatty :)

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Cooper2.jpg
Cooper.jpg

Since the first photo worked, here are two more pictures of the adorable adoptee Cooper. He has the capability to melt hearts. How can anyone be scared of such a swee face?

Tatty :p

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the compliments. :lol: The little guy is snuggling under my arm right now.

"Tatty"

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Wow, Cooper is just gorgeous! I'm so glad that he has warmed up to you so quickly... they really do know when someone cares for them. :love5:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Cooper is adorable and, seemingly, not at all afraid of the camera. I don't understand why some people are afraid of beardies. There is a young woman who used to work at the same college I work at and happened to live across the road from us. Anyway, we took Redrock to the college and was talking to another person at the door of her building and she was inside, maybe 50 to 100 feet away, quite far we think. Anyway, as soon as she saw Redrock on my shoulder she ran even farther away and acted very scared. We thought it was funny but I still don't understand, I mean its not like a snake or anything.

My husband wanted me to mention that most of the people (except at our church) like our beardies, there are a few here and there that don't like them but this lady was so scared she was really funny.

Tatty

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Another happy moment for the adorable adoptee Cooper is that he is about to become a Father! He mated with Tatty and she produced 22 fertile eggs at about 9:00 p.m. yesterday evening. I am very pleased with him.

"Tatty" :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FalkorBeardie :3
Top Bottom