Not open for further replies.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Hey there everyone! Denise Bushnell has put together a great article to help explain the mystery of brumation. Ever wonder why a beardie seems to slow down with a decreased appetite, but everything else seems healthy? While symptoms of lethargy and lack of appetite may be a sign of a health problem, it could also be that your bearded dragon is going through a period of brumation! Check out this new article to find out more and gain a bit more of an understanding of brumation!

http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/brumation/

And don't forget to check out the other helpful and informative articles available on BearedDragon.org.

http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/

Thanks Denise, for getting this great article put together!

lizardgrrl

Sub-Adult Member
This article is really comprehensive, informative and fun to read! :laughing6: I haven't seen anything better on the subject! Thanks to you Denise, for your well-spent time and effort, and to Beardie for posting it here (and all the other work you do here!) Kudos to both of you!

Geoff22

Hatchling Member
Thanks I have been asking about this for a few days now trying to find out exactly what it is.....awesome info!!!

jennybud

Hatchling Member
thanks so much for this! Though i could have used it three months ago. my bindi just woke up from a 2 month brumation. In the summer! we tried everything we could think of for helping him eat and be active again. changing uvb bulb, heat lamps, syringe feeding, ect. . . then i was told he's probably brumating so we let him be. the last two days now he just wants to run around and he ate (only one super and a few bites of escarole) and made a poo. I'm so exticed to see him waking up again. he is basking well and soaking in the UVB i just wish the weather was nicer so i could take him out again before it gets cold. thanks again.

amazing ...important info ...will be using that as a reference source a long time to come ..
thank you for taking the time to put it together.

(b)dragon tamer

Hatchling Member
Heh if i saw this article earlier it would've saved me 50$ going to the vet,10 for repticarpet, 20 more for sand again and a whole lot of time. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom