How do I include pictures in posts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tanya1974

Hatchling Member
how do i attach photos please? i havntbeen able to do my babies intro coz i am not the brightest ov people , can sum1 explain like you were tlling your 5 yar old. :study:

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
First step:
Go to -->
http://www.photobucket.com/
And make a user account
pbaccnt1.jpg

Step two:
Grab your camera, plug it into your computer (usually through USB) and transfer the pictures from your camera over to your computer. Remember where you put the pictures, easiest place to put them is the "Desktop".

Step three:
Ensure you are logged into your Photobucket.com account, click on the "upload now" button.
pbaccnt2.jpg

There will be a new window with the "Upload to Photobucket" heading.
Click the "select photos and videos" button.
pbaccnt3.jpg

There will pop up a window, change the location to be the same spot you transferred your images to from your camera. Clicking the images once will highlight them for upload, to select multiple images you can either, left click and hold then drag your mouse cursor over the images or click them one at a time while holding down the "Ctrl" key.
pbaccnt4.jpg

Once you have your images highlighted for upload click the "open" button located at the bottom of the selection window.
Photobucket.com will then upload those images to your photobucket.com account. You can add titles and descriptions if you want but, you do not have to. Once the image(s) have uploaded, click the "save and continue to my album" button.
pbaccnt5.jpg

Step four:
Now you have been directed to where your photos are. Click on the image you want to post into the beardeddragon.org forum.
Now left click in the "IMGcode" field.
pbaccnt6b.jpg

It should flash yellow and say "copied"
pbaccnt7.jpg

Step five:
Now go to the beardeddragon.org post that you want to insert a photo into. This is easiest done by using "tabs" in your browser.
pbaccnt8.jpg

In the text input window, right click the location you want the picture posted, and left click on "paste". There will be the "IMGcode" from photobucket.com inserted into the text input window.
pbaccnt9.jpg

When you submit your forum post, instead of showing the "IMGcode" your photo will be displayed.

That is it, all done. With some practice you can edit the photos before posting them, add photo albums etc..

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Very nice response Beardednoop!

We've had one that people referred to for a while with a video, but it was very old and not with how Photobucket looks today.

I'm going to Sticky this topic, and change the subject to reflect the core question... so others can benefit from the good explanation on how to use Photobucket.

Also, keep in mind we do not require you use photobucket. It is just one of the more popular ones people use that works well for posting on forums. You can use any site you want, as long as they allow images to be shown on remote websites.

Cheers,
-Alex

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Beardednoob":274p6uf9 said:
Thank you so much. :wink: I hope it proves really useful to everyone who needs it.
It was very nice of you to take the time to detail it so well. I'm sure others will really benefit from it. :D

jaidonx13

Hatchling Member
Wow! That was an awesome tutorial on how to upload pictures! I had already known how to do that from myspace HTML and all of that, but awesome tutorial helping people out :)

I strongly suggest an upgrade to the forum be made to compliment this issue.

Most forums have a button where you can just upload a picture right from your computer and it puts it in the post.

Just my $0.02 :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom