Hi Everyone! Roja & Family say hello. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roja

Hi guys!

I realized that I posted in ER some time ago (probably a common introduction to this forum) and never properly introduced us to the forum.

Little back story from August: http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=133065&hilit=roja
And currently: http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=136554

"We" are the King girls. Mom (Vee), 38. SeQuoia, 15 and Gaia, 7. We live in Montana.

Our babies:

Osa - a 3 yr old 150 lb Newfoundland

19563_231370758732_524198732_3294417_3057570_n.jpg

Ami - a 4 yr old 18 lb Orange Tabby

19563_231370768732_524198732_3294418_414152_n.jpg

We got Roja, our first Beardie, back in the middle of August by someone who told us it was a desert swift lizard (she looked just like one at the time from the pictures we found of swifts (you can see why we believed that is what she was. Check out this swift.. looks veeeery much like a baby beardie, no?:

RosebelliedSwift.jpg
)

And here was Roja at the time: (HOW CUTE IS THIS!?)

24gow09.jpg

Well... I won't get into the story of how we got her and how we found you all.. you can read that in the first link I posted above.

But, let it suffice to say.. you guys SAVED ROJA's LIFE! ;) I wonder how many beardies have been saved from certain death of MBD, Zilla light torture, sand impaction.... you guys ROCK!!

So.. this is Roja now at 6 months old:

img00964201010241541.jpg

Still a tiny thing at only 9" long.. hopefully she'll start to get a little more hearty and we'll have a gorgeous, fat, healthy beardie for years and years to come. I had no idea that people could bond with reptiles in the same way as cats and dogs till I came here. That love is rubbing off and we are so looking forward to another 10 years or so with our beautiful girl!

(on a side note.. I just realized the other day that my empty nest, when it happens, is going to be EPIC. In 10 years my 7 year old will graduate high school and leave. Ami will be 14 and likely at the end of his life, Osa will be 12 (a typical life span for giant breed dogs) and Roja will be 10.

I can't even fathom loosing them all at once!

Well.. at least I'll have a supportive community!

So.. this is my official hello! *waves*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom