Lurker no more...here's my beardies.. PICS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappiDragon

Hatchling Member
lets try this again as IE explorer had a problem and had to close and I lost my entire very lenthy post :banghead:

Hey, my name is Lisa, I'm a beardie owner of three, mother of two teens and wife of one....lol.
I got into Dragons about 4 years ago and have loved them immensely ever since. I first aquired Draco and Zane, two females and then when Draco was about 1.5 years old she was showing fierce agression towards Zane and trying to breed her. After Confirming she was indeed a female they were separted. A co-worker who had beardies offered to trade me Draco for a adult male GG. After much consideration we decided to go ahead with this and the trade was made. After gettting Sythe I noticed he was shedding strangely, kinda skinny for the size of him and had hardened spots on his beard and side. After much research I realize he had yellow fungus disease...ugh. So.... 8 months of treatment began. First it was daily baths and then application of watered down fungicide from a shot glass using a very soft toothbrush. i would cover his entire body. Then when the area's of fungus shrank and shriveled I took it down to 4 days a week of topical application. The reason I chose topical appication over just taking him to the vet was this..EVERYTHING I've read online about this fungus was horrible. Pretty much a death sentence. So...I decided to treat him myself....vigorously. He had lost his appitite as well, I'm sure because of this fungal infection so I force fed him( sounds worse than it is) After 4 months all the fungal area's had fallen off which left him with large white scars and his appitite had finally returned(thank goodness) I stopped treatment for a bit then noticed a very small spot of fungus one day so we started the treatment again for another 4 month, at the end i was treating him only 2 times a week.
Now he's a healthy happy dragon, thank goodness!!

Zane my female who we had for 3 years passed away from impaction due to improper subtrate in her tank. She was a gorgeous dragon :cry: I still miss her.

Stumpy was a product of Zane and Sythe's mating. how I love the breeding process!! The waiting , watching, excitment of seeing them hatch and grow. I've spent hours with them as my only entertainment...lol. Zane had three clutches and are all now in new homes hopefully healthy and happy. Stumpy was unfortunately attacked by his sibling(s?) one night and was badly injured. I'm still not sure why this happened as all our other babes were fine, no nipped toes or tails, I always made sure they were extremely well fed and always had greens in front of them as well as LOTS of gutloaded crickets daily, I bought them by the thousand per week. It took him awhile but he's now a very happy healthy dragon who thinks he's king of his domain, lol. He lost a tail and foot due to being bitten so badly, but it doesn't slow him down at all. he's very special to me and will be with us forever.

Pizza we bought 8 months ago, should have really called her tubby, I've never seen a dragon eat like her before, lol She's very special and I love watching her grow. We intend to eventually breed her to Sythe but not for a long time yet, she's only a lil girl.

I'm going to try to attach some pics of them for you all.
SYTHE
JuneDragonsandPigsandbirds236.jpg

JuneDragonsandPigsandbirds235.jpg

SYTHE, STUMPY AND PIZZA BATHING.
JuneDragonsandPigsandbirds124.jpg

PIZZA
JuneDragonsandPigsandbirds196.jpg

STUMPY CUDDLING MY DAUGHTER..love this :)
JuneDragonsandPigsandbirds025.jpg

STUMPY AND PIZZA A FEW MONTHS AGO
JuneDragonsandPigsandbirds088.jpg

wingnuts

Juvie Member
Welcome! I Sythe's attitude as big as it looks in those 1st couple of pictures? :lol: How did you come up with the name Pizza?

You're beardies are cutie pies! I love the picture of your daughter sleeping with one of them. Too cute!!!

Tracy & Stella

HappiDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
wingnuts":19dbknni said:
Welcome! I Sythe's attitude as big as it looks in those 1st couple of pictures? :lol: How did you come up with the name Pizza?

You're beardies are cutie pies! I love the picture of your daughter sleeping with one of them. Too cute!!!

Tracy & Stella

Thank wingnuts :wink: Sythe is actually a super mellow boy, I think he loves all the attention we give him :love5: Except for car rides then he's the devil himself :twisted:

I'm still not sure how we came up with the name Pizza except for that's what my 13yr old son started calling her after we got her and it kinda stuck, lol. We bought from J&J Reptiles, she's a cowly red/hypo red/OGG ....don't ask me what that means exactly, its just whats written on the container she came in, maybe someone can expain it to me?

thanks guys!!

I'm attaching a pic of what he wrote on the container, the day we brought her home.

JuneDragonsandPigsandbirds024-1.jpg

wingnuts

Juvie Member
HappiDragon":2q9lgwu5 said:
wingnuts":2q9lgwu5 said:

Tracy & Stella

Thank wingnuts :wink: Sythe is actually a super mellow boy, I think he loves all the attention we give him :love5: Except for car rides then he's the devil himself :twisted:

I'm still not sure how we came up with the name Pizza except for that's what my 13yr old son started calling her after we got her and it kinda stuck, lol. We bought from J&J Reptiles, she's a cowly red/hypo red/OGG ....don't ask me what that means exactly, its just whats written on the container she came in, maybe someone can expain it to me?

thanks guys!!

I'm attaching a pic of what he wrote on the container, the day we brought her home.

JuneDragonsandPigsandbirds024-1.jpg

LOL...ah the genetic mysteries of bearded dragons!! :lol: OGG I believe is Orange German Giant. I know the GG is German Giant for sure...guessing at the orange. :wink: Cowley Red is just a type of red coloration. Hypo stands for hypomelanistic which refers to something to do with skin tone. Basically you have a beardie with very saturated color (well DUH...we could all see that already!!! :lol: ) who has the genetics to be BIG!!!

I used to have a big lemony yellow boy whose name was Leon who looked like fierce but was a cupcake. His name was Stogie when we got him (he was an adult) but I told the kids they could rename him. They chose Leon because it seemed like a good name for a (and I quote) "thug and he looks like a hitman". :lol:

They are so much fun...enjoy your kids!

Tracy & Stella

HappiDragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you Tracy and Stella!! That helps alot! I just fell in love with her in the shop and I don't think I heard much of what the guy said after she was in my hands... :roll: The moment I spotted her I knew I had to have her :love10:

Do you have any pics posted of Leon Tracy and Stella? I would love to see him!

Thanks everyone, now that I've joing you'll probably be bombared with pics of my dragon kids. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom