Hey what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissT

BD.org Addict
Keep the heat rock off. Use a bright white light, above him for heat. He looks seriously burned, not in good shape at all - are his feet burned or have they been bitten at some point in the past?

T

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Please let us know how you made out at the vets. Hope you were able to get him some help in time.

SpencerMM

Original Poster
I went to the vet his feet arnt burnt they have poor circulation because hes old and things are gone when i went so im emailing the photo

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Did the vet think he was dehydrated? Did he mention amputating part of his foot? Why does he think he has poor circulation? What happened to his foot, did it get mutilated from another beardie? What did the vet do to help with the sex organ situation? Did he give you a cream for his burns?

SpencerMM

Original Poster
his feet arnt burned his sex organs fixed themself his feet are black b/c bad circulation and he didnt think he was dehidrated

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Was it a reptile vet that you took him to? Is part of his foot missing? The burned area I was talking about is the area that is pink/reddish. What did he do for him? I really would recommend another vet because he doesn't look good at all. :(

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Hello
I am not sure what you means by his organs fixed themselves? I am thinking your vet must have thought he prolapsed but that isnt what the pic shows. That is definately a seminal plug which probably fell off HOWEVER that really isnt the problem here.First you need to bathe him daily until his pores unclog as that is totally uncomfortable/painful for them.Also I need to ask as well was this a herp vet because if it is as you say poor blood circulation then it cant be just ignored no matter what age he is.His foot is beconing necrotic and he needs to have bloodflow restored or the foot removed otherwise it will become infected and the infection will travel to his blood stream.Did he give you any options at all? I recommend at least you massage the foot daily to try to get some blood flow going although I have to be hinest and tell you that I have yet to see any necrosis like that.It really does look like a burn.

Vicky

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Was he a reptile vet? Did he do any bloodwork or give you anything to help make him more comfortable?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
You see the "dots" that are running along his legs? They are clogged and shouldnt look like they have things growing out of them.Soaking him daily will soften them up alowing them to unclog. Clean unobstructed femoral pores should look like little dots not as they do on your pic.I also strongly recommend seeing a herp vet if at all possible.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have to agree with Vicky. The femoral pores can get clogged with a waxy substance. We have a 7 yr old male that has a problem on & off but they never look at big as the ones in the picture you posted. They do indeed get uncomfortable and when I do the frequent soaking and warm packs, it helps them to drain.

demonsmomma

Juvie Member
ya i knew they could get burned from a heat rock thats why i just went down to the river and sterilized a big ol rock and gave it to max he seems to like it but knws when he is too hot and gets off of it ..so i dunno but i knew from the beggining that heat rocks are bad

lesleyg1989

Hatchling Member
Hey can you post more pics of your beardie coz I think everyone is expecting this to be a very poorly beardie and I'd like for you to have the chance to show everyone what great shape he is in apart from the foot and pores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom