Clovis: Mad Hatter Photoshoot 8/25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Hatter, Beardie Style by katiebread, on Flickr

I have an idea for a photoshoot with this hat involving lots of teacups and wormies. We're all mad here!
EDIT: I actually did it! See pics on the next page or two. :)

Red hat by katiebread, on Flickr

"You woke me up for THIS?" This hat was kind of a fail due to lumpiness and soaking glue. Oh well.

Seashell by katiebread, on Flickr

A seashell instead of a feather is all the rage now.

At the Bar by katiebread, on Flickr

What's a lizard gotta do to get some worms around here?

Clovis has been living the high life the past few months, shedding in bits, visiting my students, escaping from her viv to snooze on my husband's pillows, and driving me crazy by pooping on her very heavy authentic soapstone rocks that are a pain in the butt to clean. I am THISCLOSE to buying her something plastic that I can attack with a Chlorox wipe. Any suggestions?

DragonBus

Hatchling Member
I love the red gangster hat. The blue pimp hat kills....the shell totally makes it!!!!!! :bikerwave:

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster

DSCN0811 by katiebread, on Flickr

DSCN0803 by katiebread, on Flickr

Clovis is always glass-dancing to go outside, but she HATES that harness. Whenever she walks she kicks at it with her back legs and puffs up to try and get it off. I have heard too many horror stories about people losing their unleashed beardies outside to risk taking her out without the harness, but I wish I could find a way to make it more comfortable for her. I'm thinking about trimming it down or just trying an iguana harness. Thoughts?
In other news, the Spiked Houdini got out of her viv four times last week when I was gone and my husband (who is not a big beardie fan) was in charge. I daresay she missed me! ;) I'm trying her on actual greens again instead of baby food. She is turning up her nose at her kale. At least our grocery store sells loose kale and turnip greens so I can buy like 25 cents worth of greens and not have it go to waste. She never eats all of the baby food before it goes bad. Sigh. If Clovis the Carnivore had her way, it would be nothing but supers!

Menolly07

Juvie Member
The hats are adorable. I saw in the other thread the pic of a puki riding her like a pony! I giggled.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I need to have my friend back up here for a better puki/beardie photoshoot! I also want to do a photoshoot with Clovis in her Mad Hatter hat with all kinds of buggies crawling around teacups for a macabre effect (for us) and awesome tongue shots of the lizard.

Menolly07

Juvie Member
That would be awesome! Mad buggie party.

Keep offering the greens. She'll take them eventually. Odahviing took ages to start eating hers, now she eats a lot. I have a pen I made her for outside out of edging you use for your garden. She actually grazes on dandelion and clover in the lawn now.

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She used to love squash, but has now decided that blueberries are superior, so recently she's been eating at least a couple of blueberries every day. I got tired of dripping baby food on her snout, and when she started attacking the spoon to get to the good stuff I decided to switch back to salads. Crazy goober. I hope she gets back on a squash kick; those are better for her than blueberries.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
littlebirdy":5o6zhx1m said:
I hope she gets back on a squash kick; those are better for her than blueberries.
My Myah goes back and forth with squash. :roll: I mix it up so that one day it's baked, one day raw, one day acorn, next day spaghetti and so on. The hats rock! Gotta go with the blue! Love that shell! :D

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster

Bearding, Pancaking, and Sexy Legging it! by katiebread, on Flickr

The very picture of dignity, this one. Anyhew, I have been talking with a good friend and former professor of mine, and we are going to design a research project into the merits of therapy animals...and Clovis is going to star in her role as therapy beardie with my speech and language impaired students! We enlightened members of bd.org know what great conversations can result from beardie antics, and I plan to get some research data to prove it!

The Result of a Grand Escape by katiebread, on Flickr

I think Clovis will be happy to spend more time at school. She keeps escaping while I'm gone and chilling out in the bathroom to stare impassively at me when I get home and find her.

My Little Goofy Beard by katiebread, on Flickr

Clovis is adorable for SCIENCE and the CHILDREN!

morphmom

BD.org Addict
WOW! That's so exciting! :D I can't wait to hear the results! You'll have to make Clovis a 'graduation cap!' LOL! :lol:

littlebirdy

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie pot belly is the best pot belly!
We still have a lot to do before the study gets underway. We need to get all of the permissions and hammer out a thesis statement and methodology, and then actually do the thing and write it all up. I'm pretty excited about it though. There is little research about this, even with animals that people associate more with therapy animals, like dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom