Harness Making Directions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
I would like to make a harness of my own and I would like to know if anyone has made their own.And if you can,could you post directions on how you made it?
Thanks for any ideas! :D
By the way Nero is 16 inches long and 8 months old if that helps.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
There is another style I had just noticed on the member Phoenix17June2009's blog. I shot her a PM to see whether it was made or purchased. I quite like the appeal of it, so I'm interested in hearing back from the member. I'll post the response if interested.

NEROtheMONSTER

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I would like to see it :D !
I don't have very much supplies,but I have leather,scissors,one of those lock thingys,and most likely something to use for the leash part.
But I probably could find other things I might need because we have a lot of weird things in our house.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Looks like she store bought it. None carry it by me, but one smaller, local chain carried a similar one. Bought it and tried it, did not like it at all. Dovah slipped right out of it when I thought it was tight enough not to cause discomfort.

So... I attempted some trials with cloth a few moments ago. Found a couple that I need to re-work, let Dovah back in his Viv and he is mad at me. Went right towards his warm side hide and is giving me the evil eye.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Started playing around with some spare cloth... looks more like tiny masks than anything else, haha.

DbdKk.jpg

Top one was a trial that was too loose, middle one was much better after doing some research and I found a site that gave some cuts. (Legs holes 1 1 /2" separated by at least 1 1/2"), bottom one is where I stopped tonight. This one seems to hold pretty well.

NVvFp.jpg

Used a pen cap to hold it from collapsing, and used two 'gator' clips to hold it like it would meet on my Bearded Dragons back. The rope would go through the middle forward a tad. Going to attempt that tomorrow and see if there is any slip outs.

If it works well, I'll let you you know, and if it interests you I'll see if I can't share some pattern measurements.
Also, I'll see if I can't get a picture with my Bearded Dragon wearing it.

Kajolic

Juvie Member
Aw dang it, forgot to take the picture. I'll take one tomorrow.

Today I attempted to mirror the rope harness I told you I was going to send a PM to a member that had one I liked. Turns out it was purchased at Petco, which no longer carries it. Also, turns out no one carries it anymore. So I set off to find a cord lock that might work. Found one at a local hobby shop:
oiaA6.png

And with some rope I found in the closet, it looks like this:
tJtnS.jpg

I'll have to add thicker rope, this style slips in the cord lock too much.

But this is as close as I could find to the cord lock in the original on I am attempting to make:
http://www.beardeddragon.org/home/beardie/beardeddragon.org/forums/ublog_viewblog.php?bu=36011

Kajolic

Juvie Member
I do like it more because it doesn't seem to restrict any of his spikes.

Turns out, from gathered information, it seems that rope style leash was on the market for rabbits, but was cutting into skin, so seems like that is why I cannot find it anymore.
As the writer of the blog linked, she says it works wonderfully, so I might pursue in trying to make one as such. I do like it's appeal much better than a "vest" style harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom