Emergency Preparedness Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
Do you think keeping various medical/emergency supplies for Yoshi in a 10-gallon terrarium would be a good precaution if a natural disaster struck? He could live in the terrarium, on commercial canned food and bottled water. There'd likely be a good low-wattage MVB so as to avoid dealing with multiple breakable bulbs. (It's easier to store 2 bulbs than 2 bulbs and as many delicate tubes, plus separate fixtures for each. Probably would live in slate or reptile carpet in that case, and have some blankets to insulate the enclosure. :D

mgodfriaux

Hatchling Member
I love that idea. ... I keep a beardie diaper bag so to speak it has baby food blankets Cal. and vits critical care blankies a plug in people heating pad needless syringes food and water gel for feeders little spoons and little container's with lids I also have a mvb just in case

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good suggestions!
Add to list- include
Feeder water crystals/gel and food (in jars)
My crickets are already kept in the garage
Heat pad
:D

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
This is a good idea...

I think if I were to put one together (and I should), the first things that come to mind are:

Those hand-warmer heat packs
bottled water
baby food
Package of Carnivore Care
1cc & 5cc needle-less syringes
Calcium+D3
Digital Thermometer
Pedialite
Reptarium (cheap, portable enclosure - also good for outside basking)

dragongirl95

Juvie Member
i started putting one together i have it in a waterproof box it has
4 pairs of gloves
20 hand warmers
medical tape
hand sanitizer
guaze
twizers
i took most of it from our extra human first ais kit
i gonna have a bunch of baby food soon too my cousins gonna give me the baby food her baby doesnt like, i still have to pick up reptiaid,totes for tempory housing, extra calcuim and lights, extra baby toothbrushs, baby spoons
Anything else i should add?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
This is a great idea...going to put one together for Geico...make him a rice quilt with pocket in the top for hand warmers.will heat up the rice and the rice will stay warm for long periods fo time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carsed
Top Bottom