DIY BED! (: Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
So Fiz was outgrowing the little felt bed I made for him. So I decided it was time to upgrade him to a newer, bigger, more comfy bed :D

Here's the bed :D
Fizbed1.jpg

The "mattress" is really soft. I took two pieces of cardboard and cut them to the size/shape of what I wanted the bed to be, and then I glued the cardboard pieces together. I then took two pieces of self-adhesive foam pieces and pulled off the backing, and stuck them to both sides of the cardboard. After that, I got an old shirt and cut out my "template" for the fabric size. Then I cut out the fabric in the size/shape I needed, and I glued it onto the cardboard and foam piece on three sides. I took fiber fill (the stuff you fill teddy bears with) and stuffed the top of the bed underneath the fabric with the fluff until it was soft like a cloud. Then I hot glued the remaining opening shut and I had the mattress :D

The "sheet" is made out of another shirt. It was an orange shirt. This was the easiest part. I cut out the size/shape fabric I wanted out of the shirt. I looked at it and it really looked bland and boring. So I dug around and found a few sheets of iron-on letters. I took the most "manly" floral shapes I could find in the batch and cut out the letters to spell "Fiz". I transfered them all on and made the sheet much more decorated :D

The "pillow" is a mini version of the mattress, really. The only difference is that I didn't use cardboard, just a piece of foam for the base, wrapped the matching fabric around it, and stuffed it with the fluff. That looked bland too so I took an orange iron-on shape and I transfered it on to make it look pretty.
Fizbed2.jpg

The "legs of the bed" are made out of buttons. I took a bunch of buttons and glued them in a stack. I had a bunch of buttons laying around so I figured I might as well use them. I made four, and I glued them to the bottom of the bed. They work nicely and keep the bed up off of the ground. I think they look nice! :D
Fizbed3.jpg

Here's a side view of the bed.
Fizbed4.jpg

How do you guys like it? Fiz is currently sleeping in it as I type. He loves it!

Jess

Extreme Poster
Aww, that's adorable!

I wish Dud would actually stay on something like that. But he always makes sure to sleep in odd uncomfortable places when I offer him a blankie.

Make sure you post pics of Fiz sleeping in it!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Fiz goes to sleep in a corner and then i just put him on his bed before i go to bed an dhe stays there.

Ill upload pictures of him tomorrow. I have a truckload of homework to do.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I don't mind if you steal any of my ideas :D It was really simple to make. I anticipated because I thought I would've had to sew something (which I'm not very good at sewing) but I just glued some cardboard together, glued some fabric on top, and then stuffed it with some fluff! :D Fiz loves it!

**I'm getting some pictures tonight of him sleeping in it & i'll upload them later**

Snarf

Hatchling Member
Can't wait for more pics!

I think it's great cause I have plenty of leftover stuffing from a handmade ragdoll I made a few years ago so I can perhaps utilise it in hre some way

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I keep forgetting to upload the pictures! I would upload them now but I don't have time.

Pictures WILL come, and I promise they'll be uploaded SOON! :D :D :D

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay so I finally got around to taking & uploading some pictures of Fiz in his bed that you all wanted to see :D

He's so cute when he sleeps. He looks very cozy!
Sleepy2.jpg

I pulled back his blanket just to show you how cute and adorable he is! Don't worry, I covered him back up after I took a couple pictures :wink:
Sleepy1.jpg

"Please! Just 5 more minutes!"
Sleepy3.jpg

See him giving me that stink eye?! "You better give me extra worms for breakfast for doing this to me!"
Sleepy4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom