Vent area issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johny

Hi all,

Today I noticed that my baby bearded dragon (female) has something yellow under her tail.
I gave her a warm bath as I thought that it's just some dirt, some fall off but still it looks like an infection to me?

I have another baby female and she's fine, they eat the same food and amount each day so what could be the issue with this?

There is a picture below, maybe some of you might know what the problem is and if it's serious? :cry:

2ppbk0y.jpg

Here is a link for high resolution picture if you need a closer look:

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2ppbk0y.jpg

Thanks for help !!!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I can't be sure because the only thing I remember about that is yellow fungus. It looks yellow to me but if it's not if it is gray it's a shed but babies shed a lot when they are growing. I don't know much about yellow fungus except from what I've read. I would pm drache613, her name is Tracie she's are resident beardie medical expert. I do know Yellow fungus is hard to cure but it can be done. It can't be good on such a little squirt as you have. I hope things go well for this little one.

twinmommy

It does look like other pics of yellow fungus that I have seen on this site. At the top of the page there is a search box. Enter yellow fungus and it will pull up other discussions and you can compare pics and read about how to get started treating this. Also if your babies are housed together I would separate them as this is contagious!
I hope it's not YF hopefully someone with more experience will chime in here! Keep us posted and Good Luck!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

It does appear to be yellow fungus. Where did you get them & how long have you had her?
What type of environnment is she in? Are they housed separately?

To be proactive while it is still in very early stages, go ahead & start treatment. Get some betadine & dilute it down to a very weak tea looking solution. Bathe her in that daily to clean the skin.
You can also get some lamisil or monistat anti-fungal cream & use on the area, daily.
Avoid all fruits to keep the sugar & yeast down in her system. If you have any probiotics, go ahead & use them daily, to help balance the body out. Acidophiliz non dairy solution, or non dairy soy yogurt at the store.
What type of substrate is she on?
Do you know what the humidity is in the tank? If you have a water dish in the tank, remove that to keep the humidity levels down.

How is her appetite?

Tracie

Johny

Original Poster
Hello Tracie

Thank you so much for the help.

I will go to the pharmacy today and try to find something similar to what you wrote.
I live in Ireland so it can be different name but I will definitely get the cream for fungus (would one for athletes feet work?).

I will not feed her fruits, but can I give her squash?
She is on sand ( I will go the DIY store today also to try to get some other material )
They are both together at the moment, I will try to separate them asap.
I have her for about 2 months, I got them in pet shop as babies.
She is eating well and she is very active (but not as much as the other one)
They are in tropical environment with 46c hot side and 21c cold side
They have a small water dish on the cold side so the humidity is low.

Thanks so much again,

Jonathan

Johny

Original Poster
I've been to the pharmacy now and instead of betadine we have something like Providone / Iodine 10% which is to be the same as Betadine.

Also I have found Lamsil cream :) there is a weaker and stronger version available but I will go with the weaker one as the fungus is not that bad yet.

I will start the treatment straight away today, I will separate them until it's gone and I am off to D.I.Y store for some wood that it's not slippery so they can run without loosing grip (it must piss them off a lot :p )
I will use kitchen towel for the sick beardie until she's better.

I'll let you know of any news with her :)

Thanks to all of ye here!

Johny

Original Poster
Hi lads,

So, I have started the treatment on Monday.
I have got lamisil the cream that Tracie recommended and I bath her every day and after that I put that cream on her affected spot.

I took 1 photo before the treatment and 1 photo today.

i1jmg3.jpg

And the link for bigger size:

http://oi48.tinypic.com/i1jmg3.jpg

If it does not clear up in a week or week and a half then I am going to vet straight away.

It looks better in my opinion :)

Thanks a lot!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom